Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Hello from Ohio and need some help,,,

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Beginning Member
Matty man is on a distinguished road
Question Hello from Ohio and need some help,,,

Greetings from Central Ohio,,I found this web site and it looks just what I need! I am Matty man and I am a GM lover with 5 GM cars from a 55 Chevy (just a shell) my 80 El Camino and some 79 Malibu`s and the wife's 2010 Impala,,
I posted this on a few other G body sites but the more the better,, see if you can point me in the right direction,,

Hello all,, I have a 2000 blazer with a 4.3lt W motor,, it died the other day,, would back fire through the intake, no power had to feather the throttle to get 15 mph,, give it to much gas and back fire and no power at all!! The codes are both O2 sensors showing lean,, good thing I was less than a mile from home,, other days start it up and it runs fine except when ya shift gears ( a 5 speed) it seems to lose power from gear to gear,, fall flat on pick up and no power but the more gas it seems to slowly pick up,, other days it runs OK,, not to the full capability,, seems like a carb issue if it had one. Go to a parts store and if it is running Ok then after you get done and come back out and start it, it will seem like a stuck or closed chock plate,, goose the gas and it seems to straighten out but if you try to drive it it has no power and back fires through the intake and then it seems to heal itself and runs good,, not great but good,, will A MASS AIR FLOW give these indications?? Some days when ya first get going you cannot get past 3000 rpm`s no matter what,, other days it will go 4000 rpm`s plus and run OK,, I just bought this thing,, 83,000 miles and had no issues when I got it,, Thanks as always,, matty man

I did a f/p check with eng off key on was 52 psi and running was 56 psi,, what are the pressures suppose to be? And of course this morning it is running like a champ,, I also want to increase the mpg on this old girl is there a forum for this as well? I am going to our hot rod shop to swap out the fuel filter and see if that helps. And if any of you own an El Camino give me a shout!! Thank you! Matty man

Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of info around here. Your problem could be MAF related and a good cleaning may be all that is necessary. You can also check the TPS sensor output voltages. Worst case is that it may be a clogged catalytic converter, but that typically doesn't work today, crap tomorrow.

Take a browse through the Tech Article (DIY) Index link found in my signature below for information on the items mentioned plus a lot more.