Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-internal-9/)
-   -   Help! Problem with 96 blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-internal-9/help-problem-96-blazer-60445/)

Luis92 06-24-2011 10:56 AM

Help! Problem with 96 blazer

hello guys i found this forum after months of searching on the web trying to find a fix for my chevy blazer, well the problem is that my blazer has the ¨check engine light¨ turned on, it has that problem arround 5-6 years, every time i turn on my blazer the check light is always there, i've tryed many many times to put a scanner on it to fix the problem but people always tell me my car is ok, i even take it to the chevrolet and they told me they dont have a scanner for 96 blazer, i never had any kind of problems with my blazer, but like 6 months ago it has some problems, its hard to start, after i start it i have to wait 10-15 mins to get a bit heated because if i try to go with the car cold it shut down, when im in a red light and i stop the car it starts shaking so i have to accelerate because if i dont accelerate it shut down, i already changed the fuel bomb and the battery of the fuel bomb, but the problem stills there, i think the problem is the maf sensor, i really don't know what to do, can you guys please give an advice since i can't put a scanner on my blazer

PS: btw sorry for my bad english since im from venezuela

**sorry i think this post is in the wrong section, but i will keep it here bec i dont want to double topic, sorry guys

swartlkk 06-24-2011 11:10 AM

Diagnosis starts with getting the codes read. There should be nothing about scanning a 96 than say a '00. Both are fully OBD2 compliant (or should be). One thing that will prohibit the scanner from connecting with the vehicle is a blown CIG fuse. The CIG fuse powers the DLC (data link connector). Check that fuse and then see if you can get the codes read. If the CEL (check engine light) is on, there are codes stored.

toxikchevy 07-02-2011 03:26 AM

That shaking could be in the transmission. Check all the main fluids and if your not sure have a buddy that it. Adding tranny fluiod could help your situation but check it first. Maybe add a quart or two. Your firing system might have a low voltage problem too. I doubt it but a topend tune up would hurt it at all.

chevy92 07-02-2011 05:32 AM

Check the throttle body and idler, mine is doing the same thing. Except the idler screw (and I think there is an "O" ring in there?) is worn out and broken.

chevy92 08-24-2011 08:56 PM

Does anyone know what the part number for a dome light in a 96 blazer? or if I can get a led light kit for it? my bulb is missing and I don't have the part number.

LTodd 08-26-2011 05:27 PM

The timing could be off.

aneill75 08-26-2011 05:42 PM

I could tell you to check for chipmunks under the dash, but I'd be just throwing things at it, like others have done.

You're best bet, as Kyle has already mentioned, is to have the codes read, and see what comes up. 5 or 6 years with the MIL lamp on :icon_doh: I'd like to see the mechanics face on this one :icon_playing:

Let us know which codes are present, and we can help from there.

:icon_toast:

Aaron

EDIT: I see the original post is 2 months old........ I wonder if Luis92 got his problems sorted out. I guess will have to wait and see.

chevy92 09-06-2011 12:44 PM

Yeah, I figured out the idling problem, and it's not the throttle. It's some gray box on the firewall that controls the idle speed, a mechanic said there was an O-ring gone bad on it and the cover isn't stayin on to well, but that's my problem Luis92's might be different. Oh and use electrical tape to tape over the "fix engine" light, trust me, it works.