Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Just Seafoamed

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 06:33 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just Seafoamed

Hey ya'll, I just got done Seafoamin' the blaze. I did the whole 1/3 into the vacuum line, 1/3 into the oil, and 1/3 in the gas tank. I havn't really notice any power or accel gains (which I guess is good, must of not been that dirty) but it does idle a lot more steady.

It was interesting though, I checked my oil before the seafoam, and it was dirty but not bad, and I checked it after the foam, and it was just nasty, it looked melted chocolate, so i guess it must of got some gunk out of there.

And yes, for all of you who are undoubtedly going to tell me, I changed the oil afterwords...

I did this at 75k.

Cool stuff for 8 bucks. And I didn't even scrape my knuckles or break anything! Thats a good day in my book =D

Last edited by PVT Pablo; 06-02-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:41 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

i've seen vids of this and always wondered if it worked..

Old 06-02-2009, 08:42 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

It works...

if you have the carbon build up in your intake or gunk in the engine. If everything is clean you won't notice much of a difference, if any.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Now that you've done the other 3, try 2/3rds or a whole can through the throttle. Just pop off the air intake and slowly dribble it in the throttle while giving it enough revving to keep it running. Then at the end flood it with seafoam and let it die. Let sit for like 10 minutes the go for a drive.
Mine was in bad shape judging by the black blue smoke I poured out for 7 minutes or so. Just do it at or around sun down and drive where now one really goes

* BONUS unhook your MAF sensor (if 97's have em) or she wont start...

Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

ive always wondered about trying this...idk if itd be worth it tho ive only got 56K on my blazer

Old 06-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road

Nice video here about the stuff and other Seafoam products.
After seeing the video, I'm half tempted to see if the auto shop here has the stuff and add to the truck tomorrow before I leave for my cross Canada drive. Every bit helps

VIDEO HERE

Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I found it to be worth it. But I also enjoy persciption placebo...

Seemed to work for me. I will do it again after 50k more...

Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

Carter go to Napa and ask them they should stock it! Mine was pretty clean which I'm not dissapointed about

Old 06-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Seafoam is some great stuff. I havent used it on the Bravada yet but I did use it on my old blazer and it did wonders. Got rid of valve tap and calmed the rough idle. I just did my 96 sunfire for the first time the other day. Lets just say I had the neighbors running over with fire extinguishers lol.

Also check your plugs, They get full of gunk sometimes when you seafoam. After the seafoam treatment the car was stuttering a bit. I Checked the plugs which I just put in the day before and they were gunked up from the burn off. Cleaned them up and the car ran as good as new.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:40 PM
jdaly1978 is on a distinguished road

So should I have a new set of plugs on hand if i try this? If you have to pull the plugs and clean them off, might as well change 'em!

I had my upper intake off days ago while I was trying to diagnose what was eventually a piece of carbon screwing up the EGR....but noticed my intake was really dirty. i have 145k on my 4.3 Vortec and it has the kinda rough idle issue that Ive been chasing since I bought the thing a year or so ago.

seeing as though I sold my other summer car yesterday, I wanna spend a few bucks on the Blazer...clean it up....tune it up etc etc etc...

Quick Reply: Just Seafoamed