Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

LS Engine swap info needed please

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 09:19 AM
MR.T3 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation LS Engine swap info needed please

LS Engine swap info needed please-blazer1.jpg

2004 Blazer 4 Door 4X4 on 37's
8" Suspension lift + 2" Body lift + Torsion = 12.5" of lift.
Low mileage V6 too puny for this thing with tires and 3,000 pounds of stereo....... just bought a LS3 Complete with tranny, harness, ECM and pedal.

Questions:
-- Besides what I have above, is there another harness I will need to integrate the factory blazer electronics to this?
-- If I use all aftermarket Dakota Digital gauges in a custom dash, do I need to worry about an additional harness for factory gauges and all....?
-- What aftermarket parts will I need for this to bolt in and fit in properly.... i/e motor mounts.... headers? ....fans.....etc.... bigger hood lol?
-- What issues will I face with retaining the 4x4 in this swap? It must remain functioning properly after swap.
-- Can a aftermarket supercharger be added to this after the swap? and fit in the engine bay properly?
-- Should I upgrade the rearend? It has 3.65's factory..... according to research Ive done, it seems I should have like 5.11's in this thing....?
-- Where do I find any and all things needed for this swap?
-- Anything I'm missing??

Thank You very much for any and all help that you can provide!

Johnathan

Old 11-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Beginning Member
agb1976 is on a distinguished road

Being a 4x4, it will be a tough job getting all of those components in. I have heard of 2wd blazers swap a v8 in but not many 4x4's. Not saying it can't be done but I do believe custom headers would be needed and possibly a custom oil pan but then again with a large lift I just don't know. Do some searches of ls swaps, there are a few on here. Good luck and have fun.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:42 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

That's gotta be a tahoe and not a blazer. If so a lx swap is easy in a fullsize compared to a s-series.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough

My understanding is.
37's, & 4.88 Gears is a good combo in the V6.
How many Sub Enclosures do you have that can equal 3000 lbs ?
SFA Right ?
5.13 Gears are a no go unless it is.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:18 PM
MR.T3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Verno
My understanding is.
37's, & 4.88 Gears is a good combo in the V6.
How many Sub Enclosures do you have that can equal 3000 lbs ?
SFA Right ?
5.13 Gears are a no go unless it is.
I own T3 Audio the speaker manufacturer.....LOL www.t3audio.com
I have 4 100 pound TSNS 18" woofers in a steel caged birch box, 24 Kinetik HC2400 Batteries and 2 Kicker Warhorse amplifiers with 8 smaller Kicker amps.
Doing the math is it about 3200 pounds.

What is SFA??

Should I just do a supercharger with the 3.65's scrapped and do different gears in the rear? The engine is only 60,000 miles..... BONE STOCK NEW It was the slowest 4.3L Ive ever owned out of them all and my Astro Vans too..... then the tires really killed it LOL 190hp just isnt enough.

Last edited by MR.T3; 11-25-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A few months ago the Spike show Trucks swapped a 5.3L LS based truck engine into a 2nd gen s-series Blazer. They went through heck to get it to fit and in the end said they would not consider doing it again. I searched through SpikeTV's online episodes, but could not find the full episodes. If I remember correctly, they ended up notching the frame, cross-member, HVAC enclosure, and the oil pan all to get it to fit properly.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:21 PM

Guys that's gotta be a tahoe not a s-blazer. Nobody makes any kid of lift kits he describes except a body lift for a s10. The front ends on a s10 barely handles 33s, no way one will handle 37s front or rear unless its just used to drive on a trailer. Even then I have my doubts a s10 will hold up with 3k in the rear with those tires.

Sfa is a solid front axle, sas (also commonly used) is a solid axle swap.

The blazer name was dropped in 94 and in 95 the fullsizes were tahoes. The smallest engine offered in them was a 4.8 v8 and its based off the lx series engines.

The pic I see is super tiny but from the grille and body lines and what you say you done to it, has to be a fullsize. Are you sure its a v6 or the small v8? If that's a blazer running 37s your lucky, I had a 88 with 35s that I swapped in a cast iron front diff that still blew up street driving.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:25 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

That pic is an attachment, hold your mouse over it for a couple of seconds and it will open a bigger pic.

Last edited by Thogert; 11-25-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:11 AM

It does if ya not on a phone, even if I open in a new page its a thumbnail

Old 11-26-2011, 04:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The picture is of an s-series 4dr Blazer. We have to assume that the OP uploaded a picture of his truck...

As far the picture goes, it opens just fine in the mobile site from the stock browser on my Droid X. It is somewhat small in portrait orientation, but still easily recognized. Switch to landscape orientation and it fills the screen...

Quick Reply: LS Engine swap info needed please