Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Module or Programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:39 AM
fuzzball447 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Module or Programmer?

So looking for some extra horses and I kinda have my heart set on a Jet system. My question was what would you all reccomend between a module or a programmer. I would spring for the stage II if I got the module.
Thanks for the input.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:31 AM
Default RE: Module or Programmer?

So not like any of ya'll care, but I orderd the module and it should be in mid-next week. And I'll post my "review" that no one will even look at... *sigh*

Old 09-14-2007, 04:22 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I'll probably look! :P

I got the hypertech programmer... But I'm seriously considering a professional tune if I can find a place in town to do it... I HATE with a passion, even! That damned RPM "safety" feature of where the RPM's don't drop when I take my truck out of gear, unless I have the clutch pressed in...

The only thing that worries me is if I take it to the dealer and they re-flash it, lol.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:10 PM

I wasn't really looking for going as far as a new pcm, I just wanted to be able to plug it in and go and WHEN something went wrong I could just yank it out real quick and have it back to stock. That was whats worried me most about a re-flash.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:24 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Then the hypertech style will work good for you... takes like 5 - 10 minutes to switch from programmed to stock, and back again.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 PM

Well the module came in yesterday and I had it in about 20 minutes after it arrived. Install was a snap, and I am pleasantly suprised about the difference in performance. Had a happy little bark from the tires when I gunned it on a freshly paved road, which has never happened to me at this altitude (7,000ft). Great gains for the price ($220 plus shipping). the best part is that when you pop the hood there is zero sign of it.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:02 PM
BSchmity69 is an unknown quantity at this point

was it a major notice in hp and did u notice a gain in mpg. iv been looking at the jet module for some time now but idk if i wanna go that way or get a programer from jet or hypertech

Old 10-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Ron9919 is an unknown quantity at this point

there is a new program out for the blazer......Called HP Tuners I have the program and used it on my Saturn Redline.......I pulled the tune off of the blazer and I have a idea what I'm doing but would like help from someone on here that knows alittle bit about tuning the Blazer.....

Old 10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: fuzzball447

Well the module came in yesterday and I had it in about 20 minutes after it arrived. Install was a snap, and I am pleasantly suprised about the difference in performance. Had a happy little bark from the tires when I gunned it on a freshly paved road, which has never happened to me at this altitude (7,000ft). Great gains for the price ($220 plus shipping). the best part is that when you pop the hood there is zero sign of it.
Was this just a chip module or something you plug into the OBD port and can change tire size and all that jazz? If it was a plug in programmer what kind of gains (mpg, HP, ft-lbs) did you gain if you can measure that. Also where did you buy it from because if it can change the tire size and give me a boost in performance and gas mileage i might have to buy me one of these. Thanks

Old 10-08-2007, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: Ron9919

there is a new program out for the blazer......Called HP Tuners I have the program and used it on my Saturn Redline.......I pulled the tune off of the blazer and I have a idea what I'm doing but would like help from someone on here that knows alittle bit about tuning the Blazer.....
HP Tuners isn't really new, per say...

Too bad it doesn't support the '05 Blazer, or I'd have a Hypertech PPIII for sale, lol.

Quick Reply: Module or Programmer?