Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Module or Programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Ron9919 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Module or Programmer?

ORIGINAL: drperry

ORIGINAL: Ron9919

there is a new program out for the blazer......Called HP Tuners I have the program and used it on my Saturn Redline.......I pulled the tune off of the blazer and I have a idea what I'm doing but would like help from someone on here that knows alittle bit about tuning the Blazer.....
HP Tuners isn't really new, per say...

Too bad it doesn't support the '05 Blazer, or I'd have a Hypertech PPIII for sale, lol.
The new verision of HPT supports the 98-00......I'm sure they will come out with it for the 01-05's.

If I sent someone the HPT program and the stock tune off of the blazer can someone look at it.....someone that knows alittle bit about tuning the blazer..

Old 10-09-2007, 09:13 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just yesterday I bought an unlockedHypertech PPIII #30012 for the Blazer. Getting it from an individual for a price I couldn't resist. I figure if I don't like the results, I won't be out that much $$.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:50 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

What does unlocked mean in this case? I know that once you program with one of those to a specific vehicle it becomes vin locked. Is this still the case if you were to program your vehicle with it?

Old 10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

When a PCM has been programmed with one of these tuners, the tuner will lock itself to that VIN. Once the PCM is reset to stock, it will unlock and be ready for programming on any vehicle on the application list.

Ron, programming a PCM is a pretty involved deal and great care must be taken. There are a few tutorials online on where to start, but take baby steps on your tuning and keep a close eye out for detonation (knock sensor active count).

Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: drperry

there is a new program out for the blazer......Called HP Tuners I have the program and used it on my Saturn Redline.......I pulled the tune off of the blazer and I have a idea what I'm doing but would like help from someone on here that knows alittle bit about tuning the Blazer.....
HP Tuners isn't really new, per say...

Too bad it doesn't support the '05 Blazer, or I'd have a Hypertech PPIII for sale, lol.
The new verision of HPT supports the 98-00......I'm sure they will come out with it for the 01-05's.

If I sent someone the HPT program and the stock tune off of the blazer can someone look at it.....someone that knows alittle bit about tuning the blazer..
The HPT is good up until the 2004 year... Not sure what changed between '04 and '05, but according the the email I got, it won't work for the '05 year...

Maybe I should find a stock '04 PCM and swap it in, lol

Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

well if you do end up getting it, i'd be willing to buy your hypertech pp3

Old 10-10-2007, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

When a PCM has been programmed with one of these tuners, the tuner will lock itself to that VIN. Once the PCM is reset to stock, it will unlock and be ready for programming on any vehicle on the application list.

Ron, programming a PCM is a pretty involved deal and great care must be taken. There are a few tutorials online on where to start, but take baby steps on your tuning and keep a close eye out for detonation (knock sensor active count).
I know how to tune the Cobalt SS and Redline's cause thats what I specialize in the blazer is a new thing to me and alot more things to look at I'm going to take the truck out tonight and do a scan and then change a couple things.....

Old 10-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The steps for making more power should be very much similar to the Cobalt/Redline.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

The steps for making more power should be very much similar to the Cobalt/Redline.
not really the redline is a car with a 4 cylinder and not a automatic

the blazer has alot more **** to do with 4WD and the shift points and alot more to do with the fuel.....The only things that are similar is the torque reduction

Old 10-10-2007, 06:33 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Torque reduction? I wasn't aware the Cobalt had that... I know the Blazer doesn't have it...

Shift points are fairly easy to work out after a couple WOT passes in the Blazer... Heck, I dropped my rev limiter down to 5200, instead of 6k...

The 4WD will have nothing to do with the programming at all... The only difference is, you'd want to tune for low end torque instead of higher RPM power... Otherwise, it probably is fairly close in process to the Cobalt... Unless you've been dealing with an actuall SS Supercharged, then that's probably a little different...

Quick Reply: Module or Programmer?