Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Morning Starts

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 02:53 AM
OCblazerowner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Morning Starts

Hey I have a 96 S10 Blazer The problem i have is in the mornings it doesnt want to start. I have to hold the throttle about 1/4 open and have it idle at about 2,000 RPM then let my foot off the pedal slowly and hope it doesnt stall. Then i have to let it warm up for 20 minutes so it gets to operating tempurature, if i do not do this it will not run at all it will drive for 5 feet then stall and do it over and over until it warms up. PLEASE do any of you guys have any answers that might help me out???

Thank you in advance

Old 08-17-2006, 03:35 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Morning Starts

IAC or low idle fuel injector.
Start with the IAC, Idle Air Control.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the info Can you by anychance let me know where that can be located? I cant find it in my repair manual its haynes i kno its crap but it was all i could afford lol.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

IAC will be located on the throttle body.

What happens when you leave the key on for a bit before you try to start it?

Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 PM

You can hear the fuel pump bring up pressure.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:26 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Check the front of the Haynes manual. It will have a diagnostic section. Question/symptom followed by possible cuases. Read through it and see if the other symptoms sound familiar.

In my NBS Haynes manual all it says for possible cuases for hard cold starts is discharged battery, fualt in electrical, or fualt in fuel system. See respective chapters. Doesn't seem like much help, but keep reading. The front of each section has a brief discription of how the system works. The lkey witht eh fuel will be fuel pressure. However since you said it runs fine once up to temp, that kind of ruled out the fuel system. It could be a temp sensor that tells the ECM to operate the IAC. Realize this is not the same temp sensor used for the guage on your dash. Could also be a vacuum leak, howver you dont mention any other problems.

Sometimes what you think isn't important, is.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:59 AM

well if i try to drive it when its cold if it doesnt stall it will hesitate and want to die then i have to floor it to keep it alive and usually the abs light comes on whenever that happens so im thinking its posible its an electircal problem. I usualy have my SES light on for p0133 TPS circuit low imput, P1122 TPS circuit internittent low voltage, and P1406 EGR position sensor performance. I have bought a new TPS and Egr valve all within a year and still doesnt work. Im stumped when it comes to this problem.[:@]

Old 08-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering if you don't have a ground fault... Sounds like you have some intermittent problems with the EGR valve and the TPS. Both of which will play havoc with idle, especially when cold..