Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Motor

Old 07-18-2006, 01:38 PM
moonshiner500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motor

i was wondering what years of motor would fit in a 93 blazer that is vortech

Old 07-19-2006, 01:33 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Motor

Welcome. [sm=welcomesign.gif]

That is a loaded question.
You can drop a Vortec V8 in.
You could drop just about any 4.3L V6 engine in there. All depends on how much you want to replace.

If your only looking for a Vortec engine. All 4.3L V6 engines that came in the S10's is a Vortec engine. GM modified the design over the years. Teh third generation is the one everyone typically calls a Vortec engine and it came out in '96 and later.

The key is to get the ECM and wiring harness with the engine. Since yours is a '93 it has the electroncialy controlled 4L60E tranny, any 4x4 4L60E tranny will drop in and bolt up to either hte 4.3L V6 or small block chevy V8 engine.

Like I said, that is a loaded quesiton. Could you narrow it down some?

I am currently dropping a '85 4.3L V6 from a fullsize truck into my '93 S10-Blazer. '85 was the last year of the 2 piece rear mainseal, so I have to make a custom oil pan. However the intake from the '93 will bolt up to the long block of the '87.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:08 PM

lets see i found a 4.3 out of a 96 blazer vortec like mine. What else would i need to get to put the motor in the blazer? Like the wiring harness,computer?

Old 07-22-2006, 03:22 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

if it the same year engine as yours... you should be able to use your wireing harness if theres nothing wrong with and you remove it carefully from your existing engine

Old 07-22-2006, 03:40 PM

the motor i found is out of a 96 blazer. My blazer is a 93 sorry about the counfusion

Old 07-22-2006, 08:34 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

how about a small block 350?

Old 07-23-2006, 02:49 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately your donor is too new.

In '95 GM changed the angle of the intake to head bolts. Otherwise you could have just swapped the intakes and block sensors and been done with it. In your case, yes you need the wiring harness and the ECM.

If you did want to use your intake and your wiring and your ECM, they you need to swap the intake manifold, and both heads from your truck to the '96 engine. Personally, I would keep the '96 intact and swap the wiring and ECM. The '96 has the third generation Vortec heads and pushes more power then your '93.

Old 07-23-2006, 03:56 PM

I would love to put a 350 in it but iam in highschool and dont have alot of money to put the 350 in it and then gas. But how hard would it be to change out the wiring harness and ecm to the 93?

Old 07-23-2006, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran

Swapping enignes isn't easy to begin with. How hard will all depend on how mechanically inclinded you are, how well you take notes, how well you can research problems, etc.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:16 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: moonshiner500

i was wondering what years of motor would fit in a 93 blazer that is vortech
Why exactly do you want to change motors? Is the motor in the 93 bad, or do you just want more power? If the motor in the 93 is bad, then the best bet is to either rebuild the 93 or get another 93-style motor and just drop it in. That would be less painful, since all the wiring will hook up perfectly. When the motor in my 96 spun a bearing, I thought about dropping in a 350, but figured that with the extra price of a 350 and wiring and mounts and all, it would be better to just get the same style 4.3 that was in it. I've seen many 4.3's for $400. The wrecking yard I got my motor from said that all their 4.3's were $400, and to just pick out the one I wanted. This wrecking yard had all their motors in a climate-controlled warehouse on shelves in crates. They would get a forklift and get down whichever one I wanted to look at and would let me look at the car it came out of. So try to find a wrecking yard like that...that is, if you want to get a used engine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motor