Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Performance Chip?!

Old 01-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Beginning Member
theclothedcreature is on a distinguished road
Default Performance Chip?!

looking to boost mpg, go a little faster, maybe even change my tire size on my 2000 4.3lt 2wd. what performance chip has it all for a decent price?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:30 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

hyertech is the only one i've heard good thing from. thats a programmer though, check out autoanything.com

Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read a lot of good things about this place here on the forum. It's not a chip, you send your ECU in and they tune it to what you want along with reseting it to run better with aftermarket stuff like CAI, TBS, different tire size, etc.

http://www.wait4meperformance.com/

Old 01-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am extremely happy with my PCMforLess.com tune on my Rainier.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I am extremely happy with my PCMforLess.com tune on my Rainier.
horsepower or gas mileage wise?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Tough to say on the mileage because too much has changed since this time last year in my commute, but the get up and go is definitely improved. I tried to data log some numbers prior to the change, but my scan tool kept on messing up no me. I've switched back to my stock PCM once already and I couldn't wait to get the tuned one back in. Very noticeable difference.

Now the newer trucks have a lot of torque management which isn't a factor in the s-series trucks. That alone makes it worth it for my Rainier. You can definitely feel it pull harder off the line.

I'll have to wait and see how well it does towing the camper up into the Adirondacks again this summer. That will be the true test.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Tough to say on the mileage because too much has changed since this time last year in my commute, but the get up and go is definitely improved. I tried to data log some numbers prior to the change, but my scan tool kept on messing up no me. I've switched back to my stock PCM once already and I couldn't wait to get the tuned one back in. Very noticeable difference.

Now the newer trucks have a lot of torque management which isn't a factor in the s-series trucks. That alone makes it worth it for my Rainier. You can definitely feel it pull harder off the line.

I'll have to wait and see how well it does towing the camper up into the Adirondacks again this summer. That will be the true test.
alright keep us posted on it. i'd be interested in doing it. im set on horsepower, could always use better gas mpg

Old 01-31-2010, 06:28 PM
Beginning Member
theclothedcreature is on a distinguished road

there's one on autoanything.com for $230, with good reviews...

Old 12-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Blazerrrr is on a distinguished road

I have a question. I want to buy the Hypertech Programmer but can I program it to recognize that I have a CAI and exhaust?

Old 12-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Administrator

It is a preset tune with limited options. I do not believe that you can alter the tune for specific upgrades. I can't remember what options there were when I had the hypertech on my old '00 Bravada.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Performance Chip?!