Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:40 AM
Kblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transmission

I have 97 S-10 Blazer with 5-speed (NV 3500?) that was replaced in 2001. It's shifthing hard when it's hot(summer here in Colorado). Locals here suggested that I replace Clutch Master Cylinder. So I did that but now I'm trying to Bleed the system. The Haynes manual simply says to attach a hose to the Release valve on the left side of the Clutch Housing. So there I go under the Truck and I look and there it was not there. The Hydraulic? line from the master cylinder goes right into the Clutch Housing. I fear that I have to take the tranny out to bleed the system. Has any body done this Before? Help?

Old 06-27-2006, 03:19 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Transmission

Maybe you could check with a local mechanic. The dealer service department, even the parts counter may be able to get you a print out of where the parts are located and a short speech on how to do it yourself??? But they should be able to get you into the right direction, at least better than Haynes. Or you could check the local Public Library for a Helms or other industry type manual, look at it make copies of pages and go home and do it yourself...

Old 06-28-2006, 04:25 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Transmission

You should be albe to pull the hydralics out of hte tranny without dropping the tranny.