Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Transmission Install begins

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:29 PM
VRDriver4l is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transmission Install begins

Allright so tommarow I will be starting the removal and installation of my 02 blazers transmission. I recieved the transmission wednesday and i must say that i was impressed with the packeging they did a good job. Its pretty nice looking to for being a transmission lol. Thumbs up to monster transmission for a great product, and swart thanks for the tip[sm=icon_cheers.gif]. Anyways just a few questions, I know that I have to fill the TQ converter with fluid before installing, question is were do i do that? Do I have to remove the TC in order to fill it. Any other input or suggestion on a smoother/quicker install is greatly appreciated....I hope all goes well. Oh ya swart its kinda funny remember when you drove it and it was engauging hard and slipping through all gear but still grabbing some, well now it engauges smooth, but 3rd and OD don't work at all, only 1st and 2nd gear work and guess what it doesn't slip at all through 1st or 2nd, lol damn thing.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Transmission Install begins

Hey, no problem!

As far as filling the TC, yeah, you'll have to pull it out of the trans. You'll dump 1 qt of trans fluid into the snout on the back side of the TC. Then take some fluid on the outside of the snout and some on the seal in the front of the trans. This just lubricates the seal to make sure that you don't tear it when it's assembled. Then just put it back in. You'll probably have to rotate the TC as you push in on it. It may clunk into place when the dogs on the snout lock into the pump.

So yeah, you've got terminal issues in the trans that's currently in there... Good luck with the install. I won't be around tomorrow much at all, but if you need some help on Sunday, give me a buzz.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:49 PM

Hopefully all goes well and i will be driving her sunday but if somthing happens I may give ya a call. My step dad is gonna come over to give me a hand he said he has changed a few auto trannies so he will be of some help. Ill let you now how it goes. I remeber seeing a thread about doing right ups and do it your selfs. I have a nice 5 MP camera to go snap crazy if anyone is interested. I know a tranny shouldn't exactly be a do it your self but im sure it could be usefull. Thats the only thing missing from these forums are a Do-It Yourself section. Damn i have to go exchange that tranny filter still lolol, i forgot about that. Thanks for the info on filling the TC greatly appreciated.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good.

We have a DIY section setup, just need submissions to fill it. Do the write up and post it either in the Gen Tech section or in the Engine & Internal section and I'll get it formatted and moved over for ya.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:26 PM

Hey guys wuick as possible anyone have any ideas of an alternative to the GM fluid for our transfer case?? Alot of the fluid leaked out when we split the two apart and need to get some?? ASAP im under the hood as we speak... Thanks guys.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Administrator

In a pinch, you can just use regular ATF. But I would have to say after that you should drain it out and fill with the appropriate AutoTrak II fluid.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a thread in the Do-It-yourself section on tranny removeal. Take a look, get some pics of what I am missing to include in your thread.

If you have the part time t-case, it should be regular tranny fluid.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Yup, forgot about that one. If you do not have the 'Auto 4wd' option, then it's just plain old ATF. What color was the fluid that came out? If it was blue, it was probably the Autotrak fluid, but like Tim said, if you are just part-time 4wd, it isn't necessary.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:51 AM

Ya I have the Auto 4wd option, it was a greenish black color?