Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

v8 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Coroner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: v8 Swap

The 4.3 being a close relative to the 350/5.7L is a very potent, and underestimated engine. If you're not building a drag truck, and are merely looking for a little more power and torque, the 4.3 can be a great engine to work with.I myself plan on building up a 4.3 to give me the power I want, and should be able to handle my torque needs as well.

Here are a few articles to give you an idea of the 4.3/262's potential:

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e..._engine_build/

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...all/index.html

Yes, 500 horsepower.
A quote from the last article: "...it would be more prudent to fling a bigger blower pulley on there to calm down the boost, then be happy making a stone-reliable 450-475 hp all day long on 91 octane. Put that in your S-10 and smoke it. " - HOT ROD

Old 02-17-2007, 12:39 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

Is your blazer fuel injected or carb? going to look over the articles. beacuse I'm just lacking in power badly with the tires I am currently running on my blazer when I tow anything.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:35 PM
KLBlazer07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like there is quite a bit to do, what would be the cost to do all that? why is that one carb and not fuel injected?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:06 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure, It appears to be for only the older 4.3 and not the newer models. Could be wrong. But in the one article is said something about 89-92 or 91 model 4.3. Wouldn't be bad to know if it would work with the newer 4.3. If so it might be easier than doing a swap. Depending on if you could do it yourself or if you would have to have a garage do it.