Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

00 Blazer engine knocking

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Beginning Member
siddhartha is on a distinguished road
Default 00 Blazer engine knocking

ok, so this is an old thread that im bringing back to life since the noise is still there and it got worst. its a 2000 chevy blazer, had engine knocking from what sounds like the heart of the engine..video should clarify what i mean haha..but i took valve covers off to see if it was anything in there that was bad..as it turns out nothing is bad, at least from what i can see..all rockers are nice and tight..springs are all good and so are the rods (from what i can see from here)..question is, what should be me next move? should i take intake manifold off and check the lifters?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2000 chevy blazer engine knocking/ticking - YouTube

Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 PM
onebadsuv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by siddhartha
ok, so this is an old thread that im bringing back to life since the noise is still there and it got worst. its a 2000 chevy blazer, had engine knocking from what sounds like the heart of the engine..video should clarify what i mean haha..but i took valve covers off to see if it was anything in there that was bad..as it turns out nothing is bad, at least from what i can see..all rockers are nice and tight..springs are all good and so are the rods (from what i can see from here)..question is, what should be me next move? should i take intake manifold off and check the lifters?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2000 chevy blazer engine knocking/ticking - YouTube

I don't generally allow/run flash so haven't clicked Your link ... but let me ask You this , What does the oil pressure gauge indicate at idle , when engine is cold (first started)and after running 20 minutes (operating temp)
... to clarify , does the needle go up and down or drop at times ?

Last edited by onebadsuv; 04-30-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Beginning Member
siddhartha is on a distinguished road

well right now i cant check oil pressure since everything is taken apart..but when it was running the needle would stay put around 50 or so. thinking of just putting it back together and taking it in to the mechanic..which i really dont want to do..but i have not found much help here so yea..