Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

01 w code 4.3 EVERYTHING works,NO SPARK

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013 | 09:00 PM
|
DAVBKIM is on a distinguished road

I Have A Autolinc Scanner,It Was Showing 0335,When I Scanned It. And Yes,The Blk/Wt Is NOT at The Coil,But At ICM. I May Have Goofed,I Forgot About "Back Probing" The Wt/Blk, And The Blk/Wt .. I Will Re Test In The Am.

Now,Got Any Ideas On The Key Dinger?

Old 04-01-2013 | 09:03 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

One step at a time The P0335 is indicating a problem with the crankshaft position sensor circuits. Are you sure you connected the wires to the pigtail correctly?

Old 04-02-2013 | 12:59 AM
|

I Am Gonna Go Back And Recheck My Wires And Voltages,And Also "Back Probe" The Wt/Blk Wire At Coil,And Wt At ICM to See If I Get A Pulse Signal. I Have Been Stressed Out And Have Gotten Myself To The Verge Of Pneumonia With The Wonderful Hot/Cold,Rainy/dry And Windy Weather We Have Had Here In Central Al. Over The Past Weeks. Working Outside Without A Shop,Or Shelter To Get In/Under Has Kicked My ***!!!!!
I'll Post My Findings After I Go Thru Stuff.. But....I Still Need To Know About This Key/Dinger Situation....It's Also Driving Me Crazy....It's AGGRAVATING as Hell.

Old 04-02-2013 | 01:57 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Yup, know what you mean. Got typical crap weather here as well. Hanging the 40's during the day and high 20's at night... that stuff eventually gets to ya. I am SOOO ready for Spring.

If the P0335 comes back after clearing the memories and trying to start the engine, (in that order) that's the cause of the no spark condition. If necessary, I'll find the flow chart and post it.

Wires with traces, (stripes) can be confusing, especially white/black and black/white. Gotta look close, the trace is always narrower, not by much on some though

The chime has different 3 rates, slow medium and fast depending on the urgency of the warning. The BCM commands the chime when any one of 4 things need driver attention: Key reminder, headlamp reminder, seat belt reminder, and turn signal reminder.

Old 04-02-2013 | 02:40 PM
|

Ok... At The Wt/Blk On ICM And Coil,Backprobe With Key Off... Solid Lite On And Goes Out When I Turn The Key,No Pulse During Crank Over.
Wt Wire At ICM, No Lite,No Pulse...Nothing.

Voltage At Pink Wire Varies Slightly From 11.6-11.9.

What Can Be Causing The Lack Of Pulse On Wt/Blk? Possible ECU??

Last edited by DAVBKIM; 04-02-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2013 | 02:55 PM
|

It Sounds Like The Lite Switch Tone In My Van. A Fast Tone.I Noticed The Interior Light Doesn't Come On When I Open The Door,But Works When I Hit The Override Button,Or Till The Dash Lite Dimmer. Could It Be The Lite Switch,Or Something With A Door Pin Or... You Know What,I Just Noticed The Daytime Running Lites Are On,But The ActuaL Headlights Are One In Sunlight.

Last edited by DAVBKIM; 04-02-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2013 | 03:00 PM

Is the P0335 still there? Without a signal from the crankshaft position sensor, the PCM can not send a pulse to the ignition module. Years ago, the pulse originated with ignition points. Then with electronic ignition, the pick up coil in the distributor generated it, now the crank sensor generates it. I think it's called progress

Old 04-02-2013 | 03:14 PM
|

I Was Wrong,My Scanner Is A AUTO XRAY EZ LINK
Yes,I Clear The 0335 Code,Crank It Over A Few Sec.and Re Scan..P0335,But I Also Got A 102 Code Once. It Hasn't Returned Yet.

Oh,The Guy Over On S10 (Burned),He Says You Are One Of 2 That He Really Trust..He Told Be That I Had A Good Guy On Here Helping me.

Last edited by DAVBKIM; 04-02-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2013 | 04:24 PM

Burned is a member here as well. Thanks for the vote of confidence

I can't find a flow chart for P0335, but I can scan one for P0336 from the shop manual.... uh, as soon as my technical support staff, (wife) gets home from work. I fix cars, she's the computer guru Both DTC's are for circuit "A" of the crankshaft position sensor and it will lead you to the problem. Make absolutely sure the pigtail is wired the same as the one you cut off. Pink goes to pin "A". Purple goes to pin "B". Yellow goes to pin "C". Should be marked on the connector, probably need a magnifying glass to see them though.

Last edited by Captain Hook; 04-02-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: clarification of wire/pin location
Old 04-02-2013 | 05:17 PM
|

Ppl,Yell,Green..
I Think I'm Gonna Try And Find A Factory Plug And Wire It In..
I Am Just Fed Up With This Thing...
I Can't See Any Lettering On This Aftermarket Plug. As Soon As I Can,I Will Get A Plug From The Salvage Yard,Possibly In The Morning,And I Will Go From There... Thank You So Much For The Help.

Last edited by DAVBKIM; 04-02-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Quick Reply: 01 w code 4.3 EVERYTHING works,NO SPARK