Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1992 Chevy Blazer 4.3 Vortec . Engine AND 4x4 Problems ! ARG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Beginning Member
Kjared2 is on a distinguished road

Wow man I want to find the guy that sold you all that crap for $60

If all that crap you replaced didn't fix the problem I think the only thing left is the fuel pump It might not have been that it was doin it when it was warm but maybe the fuel filter on the pump itself is clogged and thats just how long it took to clog it or maybe one of the wires connecting to the fuel pump is loose and shorting out

Old 11-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Beginning Member
STARMAN is on a distinguished road

Well , after 2 days of driving it , it had one slight stumble / hiccup . Also noticed that it has a slight "surge" on decel/coasting . Both of these are more than acceptable compared to what it was doing before . I dont think that the original problem exhists and if it does , its once in a blue moon . The surging thing is so slight that its almost un-noticable . Not an issue . Ordered an encoder motor to fix the 4x4 .

Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Beginning Member
bouts5991 is on a distinguished road

sounds pretty good, other then what he just said about the fuel filter, that might take care of everything, probably not a big concern right now, but should be looked at eventually, i wanna see this 160$ truck, post up some pics

Old 11-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Beginning Member
Thumbs up

Problem # 2 turned out to be the encoder motor . Bought one on ebay for $47.70 with free shipping . The old one took FOREVER to get out !! The transfer case output shaft was in the way even after I pulled the drive line . Took an hour to get the old one out , and 5 seconds to put the new on in . Why , I dont know . The new one slid right past the output shaft , and the gear lined up perfectly . I nice to have 4H !!! Now when I need it for those 12 seconds every couple years , it will be there :-)

Post some pics ? I would be happy to ...... How do I do that ?

Last edited by swartlkk; 11-05-2010 at 04:50 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Beginning Member

when you goto reply. scroll down and youll see manage attachments, upload your pic and close the pop up window, should work out.. the first time i did it it didnt work, i restarted my laptop and it worked.. but anyways this is a picture of my new blazer/jimmy. i call it a blazer, papers say jimmy. its obviously a 4.3, has 189k on it, has a digital dash, along with all leather interior. bunch of other addons, only paid 800$ for it, but i cant drive it until xmas, im half way across the country for school

i know the deer whisles and hood scoops are kinda gay, but the visor makes up for that, they deffinalty will be coming off when i go home, its getting a 2 inch lift and probbaly gonna throw some 31s under it, and a hitch, i need to tow my 2wd s15 that im putting a 6.5 turbo diesel in..
had the 350 bug, but ever s15 has a 350.. i wanna put a stack right out the hood.. thats a project for a couple years tho

Attached Thumbnails 1992 Chevy Blazer 4.3 Vortec . Engine AND 4x4 Problems ! ARG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-jimmy1.jpg  

Last edited by swartlkk; 11-05-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Beginning Member
Default Pics of the $100 Blazer

Ya , the hood scoops and deer whistles are ...... well , you know . Nice rig though .

I attached pics of the one I bought . Here is the low down :

1992 Chevy Blazer
4.3 Vortech
Automatic
Push button 4x4
New rims and tires
Mint interior
Power locks
Power Windows / mirrors
A/C

I paid $100 for the truck . Then I bought $60 in spair parts from someone else, Also invested $47.70 for an Encoder motor to fix the 4x4 . So im onto the truck about $207.70 . It runs great , and I was supprised to find that the shocks and stuff like that were in good shape .

My plan was to fix it up , and sell it for a healthy profit . Now im not sure .....Kinda like driving it , and winter is coming up soon . That 4x4 might come in handy with the snow .

Attached Thumbnails 1992 Chevy Blazer 4.3 Vortec . Engine AND 4x4 Problems ! ARG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-pict0018.jpg   1992 Chevy Blazer 4.3 Vortec . Engine AND 4x4 Problems ! ARG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-pict0015.jpg   1992 Chevy Blazer 4.3 Vortec . Engine AND 4x4 Problems ! ARG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-pict0013.jpg   1992 Chevy Blazer 4.3 Vortec . Engine AND 4x4 Problems ! ARG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-pict0003.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Beginning Member

MAN that thing is MINT! holy crap!!! dont get rid of it! put a lift kit and keep it just to say you payed 200$ for it! haha thats well worth the pride right there:|

Old 11-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Beginning Member
355camaro is on a distinguished road

If it starts to run bad again please check the connector on top of the CPI (spider). I had the same exact problem with my 94 (W) and it drove me nuts for months. I found that the terminals in the connector were not making a good connection on the injector! The truck would run fine cold but as soon as it started to warm up the truck would start to buck and surge then would die altogether till it cooled off.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Beginning Member

Ok , thanks for the heads up . I will keep an eye on the spider .

Old 11-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Beginning Member
355camaro is on a distinguished road

What you can do to see if it's the CPI connector is with the engine running and warmed up find the blue and red wires than go through a grommet on the lower intake manifold. They are the leads that feed the injector. lightly pull and push the wires through the grommet if the engine stalls or starts to run rough bingo!! How I found this was after being stuck on the side of the road (truck stalled and would not start at all) and the truck had fuel press and spark as soon as i moved those wires the truck started rite up!

Quick Reply: 1992 Chevy Blazer 4.3 Vortec . Engine AND 4x4 Problems ! ARG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!