Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1994 s10 blzr 4.3 when warm will hesitate lose power then stall after which wont star

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 01:47 PM
thorrmz is on a distinguished road
Angry 1994 s10 blzr 4.3 when warm will hesitate lose power then stall after which wont star

bought for my wife drove with no issues for about a year when problem started seemed like a miss and slight hesitation replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor, ran good for about 70 miles and problem persisted only now it would shut off or stall out tested control module and on the low heat side it had leakage replaced and let it run for about 20 min drove about a mile up and down hill when turing around for the victory romp it started to stall lost lights on dash and all it was like it was on a light swith it would bog and skip then run and repeated this for about ten seconds then shutt off completley would not restart til about twnety min had passed the fired right up got it home. she is a travel nurse and i cant keep driving an hour to trailer this thing home its a great lil truck and i am at a loss at this point to many wires for this old guy lol

Old 11-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Beginning Member
MrSluggo is on a distinguished road

Have you checked any of the ground connections ?

You can do some voltage drop tests to check batt - to block, block to frame etc....

Also have you checked what your fuel pressure is at ?

Old 11-07-2011, 11:12 AM

all grounds checked out good fuel press about 40 at start up and 36 psi at idle but still seems like more of an electrical issue with the dash going dead i mean even when a vehicle syalls out the dash doesnt go dark. any body heve issues with the main harmess or the computer going to pull the cap and rotor back off and test the new control module i just put in probrablly something simple or expensive one way or the other i had the wife shave my head so i cant pull out any more hair

Old 11-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised that it even runs with that low of fuel pressure. Are you sure your gauge is reading accurately? The CPI & later SCFI motors require >55psi of pressure from my experience. GM states >60psi.

The dash going dead may indicate a problem with the ignition switch. Not as common of a problem with the 1st gens as it is with the 2nd gens, but can still occur.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Default bag psi gauge

took your adavice retested with another gauge psi right at 58 and about 51 at idle went to test coil but ran out of time i did see a thread about a similar problem but they replaced the dist instead of the ICM and the problem quit i retested the icm and its good so i have spark could the coil be grounding out once it heats up i mean i dont want to parts swap myself to death but it doesnt seem like theres alot of tests and other than the main body of the dist the coil is the last piece i havent replaced in the ignition system other than the key switch itself