Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1995 Blazer tranny fun!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 03:12 PM
dedmammal is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 Blazer tranny fun!

hey ya'll! i have a '95 blazer i just changed the filter and fluid on.now it seems to be leaking between the tranny and engine.it reads full cold(when cold),but nothing on the stick when hot.also,doesn't want to pull on flat ground but will pull(not RUN) uphill.go figure...any ideas?

Old 08-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You are reading the level with the engine running and the truck on flat/level ground, right? You should fill it with the transmission warmed up.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:38 PM

that i did.shouldn't have messed with it."if something works don't fix it". lol!!

Old 08-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got it fixed!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 AM

oh,it's far from being fixed.the leak's still there.figure the new filter increased pressure and blew the seal.haven't started yet,so stop me if you think it's something else!! lol!!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Oh. Guess I read your post wrong.

So the leak is between the engine and transmission? Like a front seal leak? or is it the pan gasket?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:42 PM

gotta be the front seal.pan gasket's snugged up,no prob there.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Sounds like you'll be dropping the transmission in the near future. But I would recommend you clean the areas well and see if you can pin point the source of the leak.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:19 PM

appreciate it!! not looking forward to crawling around in the gravel again though! lol!!