Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

heh this should be fun... question about getting a stereo system for an 87 s10 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:14 PM
wesmagyar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default heh this should be fun... question about getting a stereo system for an 87 s10 blazer

im not a big fan of tons of bass. lets get that out of here. i want good fluid sounding music with little distortion. i do like it loud though. Ive always been a big fan of Fosgate for speakers their decks kinda suck. so what im looking for is a replacement system for the factory stereo setup that wont cost a *bunch* but still sound pretty good. i also want a deck that can interface with my ipod.
Also has anyone messed with those new HD radio decks? are they any good/Worth it?
-Wes-

Old 01-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts
Default RE: heh this should be fun... question about getting a stereo system for an 87 s10 blazer

alpine has a great ipod interface, and great sound for systems, i have an alpine in my blazer, and one in my grand prix, i love alpine decks.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Default RE: heh this should be fun... question about getting a stereo system for an 87 s10 blazer

are fosgate speakers still the best bang for the buck? its been about 8 years since ive gotten a car stereo system.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

No HD radio isn't worth it. Most decks nowadays will have an adapter available for an Ipod. I'm partial to Pioneer and Panasonic decks.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to Audio/Visual Electronics* You should get a better response in this section.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:34 AM
mdk681 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am personally a fan of Image Dynamics subs for SQ applications along with a few of the newJL models. Both compnies make very solid models for veryaffordable prices. Check out the ID series from Image Dynamics, and the W3-V3's from JL Audio. Both are newly released models and are extremely afforable and sound great in sealed enclosures. At the same time they do not require very much power so an amp would be very affordable as well. I have heard both of these sub models first hand and can say they sound great if done right, and at the same time can kick your *** if you really want to crank em'.

As far as Head Units I would say Alpine and Clarion have to be my top choices. Both have iPod interfaces avialable. Hope this gives you a little clue in where to start looking.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

ok for some sq, bostons are nice, some of the jbl stuff, soundsplinter, Adires(cant find them anymore) and lots others. i would stay away from JL, just because they are so expensive, and you can find better for cheaper.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:28 AM

ok ill check those out my old system in my former car (a 1984 300zx) was an alpine deck 2 rockford fosgate 18's 2 fosgate 12's under the seats 2 fosgate 8's in the doors and 5's in the dash plus a phoenix gold amp and an earthquake equalizer. back in 2000 that cost me about a grand. and i had to crack my windows to turn it up about halfway. right now id prolly be going with the 18's the 8's and maybe some 3's. plus an amp and a deck i think id skip the equalizer. not sure though. im trying to spend less then a grand now.
-Wes-

Old 01-24-2008, 03:23 PM
dart is an unknown quantity at this point

mtx makes really solid amps. my ta7801 was rated at 1612 watts on the birth sheet. its good bang to buck ratio, takes 1/0 like a prom date take well you know... there subs are overpriced but it's decent sq and some beast SP at 95.4 for my 7515-44's so you get what you pay for. how about some fi's? or like two TC 3k's?

Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: dart

mtx makes really solid amps. my ta7801 was rated at 1612 watts on the birth sheet. its good bang to buck ratio, takes 1/0 like a prom date take well you know... there subs are overpriced but it's decent sq and some beast SP at 95.4 for my 7515-44's so you get what you pay for. how about some fi's? or like two TC 3k's?
i understood about 10% of that i understood the watts my old phoenix gold was a 2k watt... i think it might have been higher. the rest of the stats i didnt really understand.
im a bit of a noob when it comes to the audiophile stuff.
-Wes-

Quick Reply: heh this should be fun... question about getting a stereo system for an 87 s10 blazer