Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1996 4.3 blazer fuel spider question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:14 AM
smdepew1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1996 4.3 blazer fuel spider question

so as the title says i have a 1996 blazer with the wonderful 4.3... 2 years ago i replaced the entire spider assemble with a new one from GM.....now it leaks again....i had read somewhere about converting over to the 2002+ fuel injection system?....any one know if this is true?...maybe some part numbers? a write up maybe??.. thanks for your advice guys

Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 1996 4.3 blazer fuel spider question

This has been discussed many times before. Try searching for MFI.

Now I have to wonder how you have diagnosed this to begin with as a fuel leak...

What is your truck doing now?

Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 AM
pavelow is an unknown quantity at this point

Crack the plenum and make sure it isn't the "nut kit" leaking. I recomend replacing this when you replace the spider as one of the first spider changes I did resulted in a leaking nut kit before it left the shop. It is very very rare for a replacement spider to leak. Linear EGR leak can mimic some of the same symptoms.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:29 PM

well it looses fuel pressure after sitting for more than 5 mins and when i pulled the upper intake the area to the rear of the spider was golden color and wet....i will try the search again i looked thur many threads your right but i just didn't see where somebody had the part numbers listed for sure.....

Old 11-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

RE: Hard Starting - Fuel Pressure Concepts - by swartlkk

There ya go. When replacing my spider on my 2000 Bravada, I did not need the bracket. I ordered the bracket and the MFI spider and ended up returning the bracket as it was identical to the one in my engine. I have heard one person state that they needed the bracket for their '97 so you may want to order that as well and replace it if necessary.

While you have everything out, please take a picture of the brackets side by side so we can see if there truely is a difference on the '96-'97 engines.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:35 PM

cool thanks for the link...I actually found it after searching mfi as you suggested....i'll get the pics too...i'm a pictureing taking fool....lol

Old 11-06-2007, 07:34 AM

so 1 last question......do i have to order the conversition kit, bracket, and gasket? or can i just order a 02+ mfi assembly, bracket, and gasket?

Old 11-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure of the conversion kit you are referring to.

You will need to order:

12568332 - MFI Spider assembly (including all 6 injectors, main fuel metering body, and all applicable seals)
88894355 - Updated Spider Bracket (may not be necessary, but compare with yours and return if they are the same)

Old 11-06-2007, 09:18 AM

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # FJ503
Central SFI (SCPI) Conversion to MFI.; Requires New Gasket Pack and Mounting Bracket (Sold Separately).; Complete Assembly

this is the part description from rock auto
the local chevy dealership is being uncooperative claiming that part number isn't correct....i know it is as i have looked it up on line...i think the stealership just wants me to buy the old type so i figured i'd look elsewhere.......

Old 11-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Go to ACDelco.com and see if you have any retailers in your area. They'll be much more cooperative.

The AC Delco PN for what looks to be the MFI spider and the bracket is 217-3028.

Quick Reply: 1996 4.3 blazer fuel spider question