Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1999 chevy blazer won't run

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 03:19 PM
chevychevelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 1999 chevy blazer wont run

ok, I pulled the 02 sensor before the cat and no change. I swapped the 02 sensors from before and after the
cat and no change. Does any know what the average reading of the 02 sensor After the cat should be.
I am reading .1 to .8 volts on the sensor Before the cat and .02 after the cat is reading .15 volts with not variation.

another clue, when I disconnect the MAP sensor the missing is almost gone above 1000 RPM.
"Live from Chevelle's garage"

Old 01-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot compare the O2 sensor readings from in front of the cat to behind the cat. Those values sound right. You also have another O2 sensor on the driver side.

What does the MAP sensor tip look like?

Old 01-17-2009, 09:03 PM

Yes, I knew they would be different really wasn't comparing them just want to verify the value of the
one behind the cat. The values on the other 2 look good. I haven't removed the MAP sensor will take
a look at it tomorrow.

Thank you.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The O2 sensor behind the cat has nothing to do with the engine. It is for emissions monitoring only.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 PM

I removed the MAP sensor and it looks grimey and strong smell of gas. Is there a something I can clean this with? Also is there a way to test it?

Thank you

Old 01-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

There is specific cleaner for this - MAF sensor cleaner - available at parts places. Use the straw to focus the stream and clean everything.

As far as a way to test it, someone else will chime in.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:54 PM

I am looking for a cleaner for the "MAP" sensor.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Nothing special although I have never tried cleaning one before. I replaced mine on my old 2000 Bravada for something like $20 from an AC Delco retailer close by.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

Supposedly you don't clean MAP sensors, you just replace them if they test bad.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:43 PM

How can you test them?

Quick Reply: 1999 chevy blazer won't run