Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2000 Blazer 2WD Repair Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:04 PM
jimbowattz is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer 2WD Repair Manual

Does anyone have a link to a service/repair manual or a transmission repair manual for a 2000 LS 2WD Blazer they can share?

Third and fourth gear just went out. I bought a cheap tranny from a salvage yard with a 90 day warranty and I am going to attempt to change my first transmission. But I need the diagrams and manual first. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

$20 or so will get you a haynes/chiltons manual that should cover this task in well enough detail. If you have a local library, you can typically check them out for free.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:05 PM

does one of the two manuals cover this process better than the other? anything special that I might should watch out for that isn't covered in the manual? I remember reading somewhere that it's a good idea to flush something out while you are changing a transmission but I can't find it again.

I would like to think that I am mechanically inclined. However the I haven't really done much on a auto with the exception of a few brake jobs and replacing a radiator. Am I getting in over my head???

Thanks for the help.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:53 AM
deadbuzzard is an unknown quantity at this point

also one other site. For free registration at autozone.com you can get access to repair manuals as well.

haynes/chiltons manual: ive found that sometimes i can find one or the other at my local parts store, ive never had the luxury of choosing between the two.

yes you would want to flush it, mainly to get out all the particles of metal that could be throughout the system.

i personally wouldn't undertake that task but that is mainly because i have nowhere to work on it.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:06 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, any auto parts store should have it when I picked mine up they had every year or blazer and S10.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:58 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbowattz
does one of the two manuals cover this process better than the other?...
They are published by the same company and for all intents are the same inside.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by deadbuzzard
also one other site. For free registration at autozone.com you can get access to repair manuals as well.

haynes/chiltons manual: ive found that sometimes i can find one or the other at my local parts store, ive never had the luxury of choosing between the two.

yes you would want to flush it, mainly to get out all the particles of metal that could be throughout the system.

i personally wouldn't undertake that task but that is mainly because i have nowhere to work on it.
sorry for the ignorance, but what is it that i am supposed to flush? I can't find that thread anymore. Is it the tranny cooler or something along those lines?

Thanks everyone for the help. I also saw a generic GM tranny overhaul manual at the autoparts store too. Anyone seen that one? would that be of more use to me than the Blazer/S10 manual?

Old 07-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you are asking this many questions about just the removal of the transmission, DO NOT attempt to overhaul it! Automatic transmissions are very complex and require experience to properly rebuild. Not something for a beginner or even moderate DIY'er to tackle by themselves regardless of how many reference materials you have around you.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
If you are asking this many questions about just the removal of the transmission, DO NOT attempt to overhaul it! Automatic transmissions are very complex and require experience to properly rebuild. Not something for a beginner or even moderate DIY'er to tackle by themselves regardless of how many reference materials you have around you.
Questions asked:

1. Anyone have a manual in PDF form to share?
2. Do i need to flush anything when tranny is out?
3. Is chilton's or Haynes better?
4. Is it the transmission cooler that needs to be flushed?
5. Anyone seen the generic GM tranny manual?

Seeing as how 3 of the 5 questions were in reference to a service manual, I have only asked 2 questions about the tranny replacement. If that is a lot of questions to you then I don't know what to say. But I do know when I've worn out my welcome. So I'm out. Thanks for the help everyone.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jimbowattz
I also saw a generic GM tranny overhaul manual at the autoparts store too. Anyone seen that one? would that be of more use to me than the Blazer/S10 manual?
You asked about an overhaul manual. Why ask about an overhaul manual if you weren't thinking of overhauling the topic component of said manual. I mean no disrespect by my words of caution, just trying to save you some headaches.

Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer 2WD Repair Manual