Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2002 Coolant leaks multiple places

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Beginning Member
blanco36 is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 Coolant leaks multiple places

1st I want to say THANK YOU AGAIN to everyone that helped me with the fuel pump issues that I had over the summer........ I really appreciate it...

Now, another problem..... My Blazer has multiple coolant leaks... it leaks a little when it is running, but when I shut it off it leaks a lot more in multiple places........ It is really hard to explain exactly where, but I will give it a shot......

Looks like it is leaking on the top of the trans towards the back of the motor don't think it is coming from the manifold gasket but cannot tell, also further back towards the middle of the truck also, it looks like the oil cooler lines are leaking..... also I noticed a little puddle of coolant by the thermostat housing.....

I really cant tell EXACTLY where the leaks are coming from..... and I know that I am not really giving a explanation on it...... BUT......if you can give me some kind of help I will really appreciate it.......

Old 12-24-2011, 12:45 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by blanco36
1st I want to say THANK YOU AGAIN to everyone that helped me with the fuel pump issues that I had over the summer........ I really appreciate it...

Now, another problem..... My Blazer has multiple coolant leaks... it leaks a little when it is running, but when I shut it off it leaks a lot more in multiple places........ It is really hard to explain exactly where, but I will give it a shot......

Looks like it is leaking on the top of the trans towards the back of the motor don't think it is coming from the manifold gasket but cannot tell, also further back towards the middle of the truck also,
this could be your heater core lines leaking at the firewall...or intake manifold.

it looks like the oil cooler lines are leaking
oil cooler lines leaking is typical..the crimps leak eventually...
..... also I noticed a little puddle of coolant by the thermostat housing.....
this could just be your thermostat housing or upper hose...or intake manifold again.

I really cant tell EXACTLY where the leaks are coming from..... and I know that I am not really giving a explanation on it...... BUT......if you can give me some kind of help I will really appreciate it.......
couple of ways to find out.
wipe down what you can and then run it up to temp and check for new wet spots...or put a uv dye in the coolant to see where it is coming from.

the lines up above in red is what i would check first.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Beginning Member
blanco36 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for getting back to me..... I will check what you have in red above and let you know what I find out... Now, the UV dye, can I get that at Autozone or Oreilys? If it is the heater core lines, how hard are those to change? I see you are in Bay City, I am in Sterling Heights.......

Old 12-24-2011, 02:48 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

heater core lines are easy...they are just held on by clamps.
the process can be messy though...i always manage to get coolant all over.
the uv dye around my area is only carried at carquests.