Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2019 Chevy Blazer Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 12:28 PM
Starting Member
TeddyRuxpin89 is on a distinguished road
Default 2019 Chevy Blazer Issues

Hi all,
Hoping to get some insight from folks here on what is happening with my 2019 Chevy Blazer, V6 AWD.
Dealership can't find anything, think issues are "normal" for this vehicle and transmission type/auto-start stop feature...anyway here is a list so far on what I am experiencing:
- Rough idle only with cold start/first start of day when needle hits 1000 RPM mark, then settles down.
- Hesitant/sluggish first acceleration out of driveway.
- Acceleration out of stop position does not feel smooth and effortless.
- Jumpy transmission intermittently when accelerating/slowing down...also occurs when coming off highway and slowing down on offramp with incline.
- Car runs great when driving on highway, but with short distance driving intermittently feel vibration/slight "grinding" which feels like its coming from transmission and car is hesitant/sluggish upon acceleration...this is corrected when I turn off and restart the vehicle.

Vehicle only has 5200 KMs. Several gas fill-ups were done using premium gas and car driven on lengthy highway trips to "clear things up", as per guidance from dealer. Hasn't seemed to help at all. Now dealer is just taking down notes and not servicing the vehicle as they feel the blazer's "modern" technology would inform me/them if something was really wrong via an engine light.

Any thoughts/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 04-19-2022, 03:30 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TeddyRuxpin89
Hi all,
Hoping to get some insight from folks here on what is happening with my 2019 Chevy Blazer, V6 AWD.
Dealership can't find anything, think issues are "normal" for this vehicle and transmission type/auto-start stop feature...anyway here is a list so far on what I am experiencing:
- Rough idle only with cold start/first start of day when needle hits 1000 RPM mark, then settles down.
- Hesitant/sluggish first acceleration out of driveway.
- Acceleration out of stop position does not feel smooth and effortless.
- Jumpy transmission intermittently when accelerating/slowing down...also occurs when coming off highway and slowing down on offramp with incline.
- Car runs great when driving on highway, but with short distance driving intermittently feel vibration/slight "grinding" which feels like its coming from transmission and car is hesitant/sluggish upon acceleration...this is corrected when I turn off and restart the vehicle.

Vehicle only has 5200 KMs. Several gas fill-ups were done using premium gas and car driven on lengthy highway trips to "clear things up", as per guidance from dealer. Hasn't seemed to help at all. Now dealer is just taking down notes and not servicing the vehicle as they feel the blazer's "modern" technology would inform me/them if something was really wrong via an engine light.

Any thoughts/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sounds like a matter of proper motivation to fix your problem. If dealer doesn't satisfy you, ask the Service Manager to make appointment for you to meet with the District Chevrolet Service Representative. He has access to complaints and fixes that the dealer doesn't have access to. I can almost guarantee you are not the only person to have this problem and he has access to all complaints nationwide. But he has to be motivated to take time to study your problem. If no satisfaction there, document and escalate to GM customer service and let it trickle back down. They have a system that works if you know how to work it. Remember that you can always get nasty, but its difficult to go backwards.

Last edited by LesMyer; 04-19-2022 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:26 PM
Beginning Member
Chevymec is on a distinguished road

Make sure they are giving you a WO with the complaint on the ticket. Some dealers will just tell you to " Don't worry about it". This gives them a way out when the time comes and " We can't find any record of you bringing it in." As stated above, the dealerships can start a case on the vehicle and call GM to find help. We did it all the time with strange problems. Sometime they gave us good info and sometimes they were in the dark.