4wd problem - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums


Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Beginning Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Nixoncc is on a distinguished road
Default 4wd problem

Seems to be a problem with my 4WD, the Light on the panel does not stop flashing when engaged, any ideas what I should take a look at?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,458
Lesmyer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixoncc View Post
Seems to be a problem with my 4WD, the Light on the panel does not stop flashing when engaged, any ideas what I should take a look at?
Welcome to the forum. It's customary to give us year and which 4WD system (typically either 3 button NP233 or 4-button NP236). But I can say that your 4WD system is telling you it's not engaging if the selector button is still flashing. The TCCM should eventually revert back to having the original selector button lit if it fails to shift. If it is a 4-button 4WD (with auto button) I recommend studying the following link - then ask further questions. https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...rmation-41198/

A common problem is that the wiring connections at the TCCM get corroded. First thing to check.

If it is 3-button, they are a different animal - but TCCM connections are suspect on both systems.

Last edited by Lesmyer; 11-08-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-13-2017, 05:16 AM
Beginning Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Nixoncc is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesmyer View Post
Welcome to the forum. It's customary to give us year and which 4WD system (typically either 3 button NP233 or 4-button NP236). But I can say that your 4WD system is telling you it's not engaging if the selector button is still flashing. The TCCM should eventually revert back to having the original selector button lit if it fails to shift. If it is a 4-button 4WD (with auto button) I recommend studying the following link - then ask further questions. https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...rmation-41198/

A common problem is that the wiring connections at the TCCM get corroded. First thing to check.

If it is 3-button, they are a different animal - but TCCM connections are suspect on both systems.
Thanks!
I found some bad vacuum hoses and replaced them and the 4x4 started to work, exept the 4x4 lower that does not engage, I can hear a clonk but it switches back to 4 hi after a few seconds.
Any thoughts about that?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,458
Lesmyer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixoncc View Post
Thanks!
I found some bad vacuum hoses and replaced them and the 4x4 started to work, exept the 4x4 lower that does not engage, I can hear a clonk but it switches back to 4 hi after a few seconds.
Any thoughts about that?
Need to be rolling less than 5mph, with trans in neutral when you attempt to go in/out of 4-lo (at least mine does). This was per my 2001 owners manual.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2017, 06:24 AM
Beginning Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Nixoncc is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesmyer View Post
Need to be rolling less than 5mph, with trans in neutral when you attempt to go in/out of 4-lo (at least mine does). This was per my 2001 owners manual.
Hm, but in stand still it should be working right?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-2017, 08:26 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,458
Lesmyer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixoncc View Post
Hm, but in stand still it should be working right?
Not sure what you mean by "in stand". The vehicle may need to be rolling slowly with transmission in neutral for the 4lo to engage/disengage. If you stop rolling, then the gears are no longer turning inside the transfer case. If it wont go into 4lo for any reason the light will stop flashing and will revert back to the last successful setting.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM
error_401's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 395
error_401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

4 LO should also engage in standstill.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Today, 11:45 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,458
Lesmyer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by error_401 View Post
4 LO should also engage in standstill.
please read your owners manual regarding this.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Today, 03:21 PM
Beginning Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Nixoncc is on a distinguished road
Default

It has nothing to do with handling im afraid, the 4wd lo does not engage ans switches back to whatever was engaged before.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The infamous 4wd problem, but with a problem that I've not found anyone else to have. dwmlr Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain 8 12-10-2015 08:39 PM
01 Blazer "Service 4WD" MIL no 4WD? HELP!! 2001 ZR2 Engine & Transmission 2 01-16-2010 01:39 PM
4wd light flashes but no 4wd LJ809 Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain 4 11-25-2009 09:43 AM
4WD Problem - Switching to 4wd High waterskier98 Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain 5 03-04-2009 04:15 PM
4wd low works / 4wd hi does not work! Mikes1Addiction 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech 5 01-12-2007 03:08 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.