Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

7 dtc s

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 12:36 AM
Starting Member
pjdupont1 is on a distinguished road
Default 7 dtc s

Reading these off of my innova 3130
- p0452 - ftp sensor conn. This
​​​​code is pre existing. Haven't got around to changing connector.
P0440- evap emission sys
p0336 -ckp sensor a circuit perf
Circuit low duty cycle.
Circuit intermittent
So I ordered crankshaft pos sen
Prob have an air leak in evap sys
And need to replace ftp sensor
Ordered all oem parts. Plus water pump with fan clutch cause I believe she's going out on me too...
Anything I should know before I tackle this??? Thanks

Old 10-19-2020, 03:39 PM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

My usual advice with several sensor/electrical problems is to have a very close look at the wiring.
Has it been tampered with? Repairs? Flying wires which do not look OEM?
We have seen too many such problems related to bad repairs, corrosion, exposed wiring, broken wires etc.

In addition, it will help troubleshooting having a known good wiring after the check.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:51 PM
Starting Member

Thanks 401,
I suppose I should keep it simple first, check the wiring and go from there. Will letcha know... Prob tackle the ftp sensor too since I'm under there....

Old 10-20-2020, 03:35 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

From experience the way to go. Just throwing parts at a bad wiring won't help.

Old 10-22-2020, 06:29 PM
Starting Member
Default Here's where I'm at....

I got under my Blazer and looked at my crankshaft position sensor and it was caked with oil and just debris from age I guess and a little bit of leaking oil. And there was look like a radiator fluid that was splattered everywhere. Pulled my radiator cap no water to be seen or radiator fluid. Open my reservoir dry as a bone. I had been noticing that my blazer was running a little bit hotter than normal so I was keeping my eye on it when this occurred but what happened was my water pump was going out and it leaked radiator fluid and water onto the crankshaft position sensor and I guess it shorted out giving me my codes so I'm going to I pulled the plug on the crankshaft position sensor and I probably shouldn't have but I don't know if it needs to be replaced or not but I've got a brand new one and I'm working on replacing the water pump as we speak I was going to do the water pump first period but what I need to know is when you do the crankshaft position sensor someone told me that it has to be relearned period is that true and can I do this myself? I've got a $300 code reader I don't know if it can do it probably not I don't know that's what I need to know thanks.....

Should I replace this fan pulley since it's so rusted