Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

89 blazer 92 4.3

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Starting Member
Blazstro is on a distinguished road
Default 89 blazer 92 4.3

Hey guys
I've got a 89 blazer and a 92 astro. I'm looking to install 4.3 out of van it only has 92000 miles but body is shot. What engine mounts do I need? There's none in the blazer so I'm thinking the regular frame pads
With the clamshell mounts on the engine should work?

Old 07-23-2016, 12:17 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

You need the engine mounts for an 89 blazer with a 4.3. With them your astro 4.3 motor will bolt right up.

Before you get too deep into the swap you should look into the wiring harness. I don't know about the astro, but on the blazer GM changed the engine wiring harness from 91 to 92. When I built my 91 jimmy I bought an aftermarket throttle body that was made for 88-91 blazers. When I installed everything I discovered that my 91 jimmy had a 92 engine wiring harness. A few of the connectors were different. The new throttle body had a round connector and my harness had an oval one or vice versa. I had to convert my harness to 91 to get everything to work. I don't remember the other connectors because it was many years and projects ago. The throttle body was the necessary clue for me. I would check to make sure your astro throttle body will plug into your blazer wiring.