Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

94 4.3L v6 Blazer Engine code W, starter and idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:31 PM
AtreyuManiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 94 4.3L v6 Blazer Engine code W, starter and idle problems

Im pretty sure its W...

Anyways, i need to replace the starter solenoid but every time i go to do so the damn starter doesn't want to come out. The two bolts come out fine and the starter comes loose but there doesnt seem to be enough room to completely remove it.

And also my blazer has a terrible idle. It idles bad and sometimes dies. I replaced the fuel filter which was really clogged and no help. I cleaned the throttle bottle with a can of throttle body cleaner...looks brand new but yet again, no help. So if you have any suggestions for that also. I also go to accalerate it with the butterfly switch on the engine and it seems to starve for air or gas or something then revs up after a split seconds.

Suggestions?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 94 4.3L v6 Blazer Engine code W, starter and idle problems

Have you checked the EGR valve? It probably needs to be cleaned and a 'clean screen' gasket used to reinstall it.

IAC could need to be cleaned, as well.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:44 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

the starter will come out. Its a tight fit, but it does come out.
You do have to remove the wires before you attempt to take it out.
Once the wire are off and the torque converter shield are off (at least loose so oyu can move it out of hte way) then tip the starter at a 45 degree angle faceing down, now tip it 45 degrees on its side, it should slde between the frame, exhaust, and anything else in the way.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 AM
AtreyuManiac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much.
You have helped me in the past too.

Always great help from this site.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:58 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

your wlways welcome.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Swift is on a distinguished road

good day, I have the same problem removing the starter but when it came time to remove the wire on the selenoid the nut and bolt when turning together. So I cannot remove wire, does any one have a suggestion.
thanks

Old 05-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That is not fun when the stud into the solenoid spins. You can try getting something up in there to push against the connector on the wire to offer some resistance as you try to loosen the nut, but space being as it is under there, that may be quite difficult.

The other option is to just cut the wire and then splice in a new section of wire and a new connector once the starter is out. Just be sure to use the 3M butt connectors with heat shrink tubing and glue inside for the splice connection.