Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

95 Blazer 4,3 engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 05:41 PM
dlon21 is on a distinguished road
Default 95 Blazer 4,3 engine problems

Hello guys

I've had a real PITA of a problem with my Blazer for the last six months. It began in november of last year, self healed a while and started again in march.

First off, stuff I've done service-wise to my car;

-spark plugs, wires, rotor and distributor cap
-changes all liquids, except front diff so far, engine oil and filter every 3-4000 miles
-and a lot more, that should not matter in this case.

When cold the car usually starts just fine. When warm, and having sat for about half an hour to an hour the car may crank a long time Before starting, and may have to use the gas pedal to get it to fire up. After being this hard to start, sometimes it has a rough idle, but it seems that this RPM roughness is also at cruise speeds with my car. This symtom persists until I stop and shut it off. If I start it again after about a minute, it often runs just perfect.

Sometimes it seems to run good, but may just stall/die on me anyway, and may or may not need a longer than normal crank time. These are the things I've noticed happening with it.

I've watched Youtube about fuel pressure tests, so I tested my fuel pressure and when engine is shut off it was about 65-67 psi, and maybe around 60 at idle. Pressure held a while, and started to drop off efter 40-50 minutes towards, and after that time is was down to about 30 psi.

So today I got real sick of this situation and unbolted the air intake plenum. Did some tests, started the fuel pump using that loose wire on the left side of the motor. No visible leaks anywhere. Pulled out the poppet valves and put the ignition to ON, no leaks there either. Blew some compressed air carefully into the fuel pressure regulator, and no gas leaked from it..

Here is a photo of the intake, and a couple of Youtube videos for you too.

regards Daniel, Sweden

bild.jpg Photo by dlon21 | Photobucket