Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

95 blazer wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:33 PM
mark stargell is on a distinguished road
Default 95 blazer wont start

my 95 blazer wont start but when it does it chugs and choks itself out and cuts off. i have replaced the spider assembly plugs and wires new coil new fuel filter and pump. i thought it was the cat but it seems like it isnt getting enough fuel. any help would be awesome

Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tested the fuel pressure & leak down rate to see if you still had fuel leaking from somewhere and/or enough fuel pressure? If you didn't replace the 'nut kit' (internal fuel supply & return lines) when replacing the spider, you likely have a leak there now.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:42 PM

no i havent tried that ince it wont start i dont have a way to check that by taking it to a shop or the knowledge to do it myself. when i first got the spider assembly fixed it ran for awhile then this happened.

im sure when they put it in im hoping that the shop that did it put it back

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-17-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so it did run for a bit then this occurred. Still could be a weak fuel pump or leak somewhere in the system.

You can pick up a fuel pressure gauge from just about any parts store for <$30. The fuel pressure test port is located off the back of the intake manifold near the brake booster.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:50 PM

i dont think its a weak pump because i replaced the pump before any of this happened and it worked fine then the spider asembly went bad and got replaced. also i noticed that the cat got cherry red one night but hasnt since could it be a clogged cat?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Anything is possible and you really need to verify it all. Just because a component was replaced doesn't mean that it couldn't have failed between then and now.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 PM

i will thank a lot