Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

96 blazer transmision prob

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Beginning Member
matclark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 96 blazer transmision prob

sorry but i didnt know where to post this to...i have a 96 s10 blazer 4.3 4x4,,,transmission started acting up, leaving me with first and forth only,,after reading many posts on here,,i replaced the first to second shift solenoid,that didnt work,,,sotonight coming home from work, i got on the highway,went about 2 miles starting going up a slight incline and it kicked down, it surprised me, but when i let off the throttle slightly to get it back in forth, no luck, when i try to make it kick down,the rpm's just flash and nothing happens, i let off the throttle and it grabs,,if i am going down hill or i am able to have enough speed to drift, the trans is releasing and allowing it to roll free, but it takes high rpm's to get it going again,now i have first and i think third gear. help !! any suggestions on what may be causing all this?

Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 96 blazer transmision prob

Do you still have reverse?

Old 02-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Beginning Member

yes i do still have reverse, engages nice and smooth with no noises at all, 4x4 hi and lo,engages perfectly also

Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Beginning Member

itjust started all at once,the first time,i was on my way home from work, i got off the highway,went to take offfrom the exit rampand noticed it wasnt shifting out of 1, then when i let off the throttle, it went to 4,,,this time i got to highway speed andas i stated before, it kicked down, but never back up....

Old 02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Beginning Member

ok,,i got the codes read, they also ran the trans by the computer and all the solenoids are working properly.
the codes are:
po134 bank 1 sensor 1
po135 bank 1 sensor 1
po143 bank 1 sensor 3
po300 misfire
p1122 tp sensor
i was gonna change the tps, as soon as i can get a ride to the parts store,,,,any otherideas? i am really getting discouraged,,please help !!??

Old 02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Beginning Member

replaced the tps, cleaned all the grounds i could find under the hood, with the positive cable unhooked on thebattery, checked the maf, it was clean, all the vaccuum lines looked real good,......could it be in the wiring? does any one have the wiring diagram from the computer to the trans?....help please!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Beginning Member

i almost forgot, the cruise control quit working at about the same time

Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Beginning Member

sorry,,,i forgot to say, its stuck in first now, the new tps didnt help a thing,it got worse !....earlier i had posted in the wrong spot, sorry ,about testing the tps, heres what i got with a new and the old tps:
grey to blue
new 2.53 old 2.81 closed
new.34 old .35 wot
grey to black
new 5.0 old5.0 closed
new 5.0 old4.99 wot
blue to black
new .27old .35 closed
new2.37 old 2.86 wot
please help,,,any thoughts?,,at all ??

sorry didnt know i could do that !! again truly sorry, my wife just showed me how to edit...

ok just went out and unhooked the tps, at first it didnt want to idle very well, then it got better, trans prob still there ,
so today i went and put the old tps back in,,it carried better voltage, still stuck in 1 gear
i have been through 4 throttle postition sensors today, and none of them will read over 2.86 at wot,,i have 5.0v input,,,but no out put, what voltage should i be getting? how many tps's do i need to go through?...lol please help !!!???

ok,,after 5 tp sensors,, i finally got 1 that has an output of 4.86, i disconnected battery to reset the codes and went for a test drive,, but the trans still will not shift....what now? help !!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously... 5 posts in less than a day??? Please use the EDIT feature to add more information to your post. There is no reason to post consecutively in such a short period.

As in your other thread, your TPS values are not correct. WOT is low for whatever reason. What happens if you run without the TPS plugged in?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Beginning Member

sorry for new reply and not editing,but i thought i should just start this in a new box,
i am now getting a p0143 code once again...
i have replaced,,,
the trans, with a used unit that was rebuilt about 20000 miles ago,
the o2 sensors, all 3 with bosch,
tp sensor,
tcc solenoid,
tcc pwm solenoid,
2-3 shift solenoid,i broke, oops,
dist cap/button, bosch plugs,
all new vaccuum lines,
installed the tcc/p1860 upgrade to the wiring harness,
fixed the vent on the emissions back under the driver side quarter panel,the big hose was kinked
cleaned the thottle body,tooth brush and carb cleaner,and yes, before the tune-up,
cleaned maf,map,new fram air filter, 10w40 and fram oil filter,
trans fluid is new and at proper level,transfer case fluid is new and full,and both diffs have new fluid and full,
i am now getting a p0143 code again,i have only drove 643 miles during all this, i have only drove about 20 miles with no codes,i fix one and another pops up.
does anyone know what might be causing this code to keep popping up?

96 blazer 4x4 4.3 vin w 2dr 4l60e

Last edited by matclark; 04-10-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 96 blazer transmision prob