Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

96 blazer trouble starting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Starting Member
bdemutis is on a distinguished road
Default wasnt the battery please help!

I got the battery tested yesterday it said it was bad the battery was tested in the car took it out took it to pep boys they tested it it came back good. Took it to advanced came back good.

My blazer still won't cold start fuel pressure is 55-58 steady. She runs good when it does start no bog no hesitation on pick up. I can't figure it out. Please help me!!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Try turning the key on but not started 2 or 3 times waiting 5 or 6 seconds with it in the on position. Basicicly priming the engine. Then try starting. Could be a bad spider

Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by newguy
Try turning the key on but not started 2 or 3 times waiting 5 or 6 seconds with it in the on position. Basicicly primintsg the engine. Then try starting. Could be a bad spider
I tried that it dosnt help it wont cold start once I warm it up itll fire up everytime just not cold. It starts with eather when its cold but I heard you only need 55-58 fuel pressure to start it.

Also another thing is it like 20 degreese out when they tested my battery in the car it was freezing outside when it came back bad. But when they tested it out of my car the battery was at 64 degreese because I had the heat on in the car.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
BF Veteran

Do you. Know anyone with a brand new battery.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I really think your battery is going bad, find someone with a good battery, hook it up, and test it out. hard starts when its cold is a pretty common thing for a bad battery, and then once its warm, no problems.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by richphotos
I really think your battery is going bad, find someone with a good battery, hook it up, and test it out. hard starts when its cold is a pretty common thing for a bad battery, and then once its warm, no problems.
Yea but the a-holes at pep boys said it was good I think the battery is bad too because it was in the car tested when it was cold and warm tested in the store.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bdemutis
Yea but the a-holes at pep boys said it was good I think the battery is bad too because it was in the car tested when it was cold and warm tested in the store.
I would pick up a new battery if I were you. If its testing bad when cold, good when warm, its bad.
Any idea how old the battery is that you have now?

Better safe than sorry, when I had my 94, it would do this on some cold mornings, I chalked it up as it was just that cold. come summer time, everything was perfect, then, I was in the middle of nowhere in wisconsin at this little gas station and it would not start back up, had to wait around for 35 minute for someone to finally pass with jumper cables just to get it started to run off the alt to drive 55 miles to get a new battery.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:50 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*You started 4 different threads concerning your truck having starting problems. I have combined them all. Please keep things connected so people can follow what has already been done.*

Old 02-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by richphotos
I would pick up a new battery if I were you. If its testing bad when cold, good when warm, its bad.
Any idea how old the battery is that you have now?

Better safe than sorry, when I had my 94, it would do this on some cold mornings, I chalked it up as it was just that cold. come summer time, everything was perfect, then, I was in the middle of nowhere in wisconsin at this little gas station and it would not start back up, had to wait around for 35 minute for someone to finally pass with jumper cables just to get it started to run off the alt to drive 55 miles to get a new battery.
Battery isnt even a year old I know its bad I hooked a 50amp jumper up to it wouldnt start just hooked jumper cables from my parents expedition to my blazer and my blazer started up first crank.

Update battery terminals were shot batrery was good tested in the cold. Replaced the terminals engines warm still but she fires up so I'll wait until it gets cold and try it and keep this thread updated.

Still wont cold start took apart the whole intake to the spider dosnt look like its leaking at all. I might clean the pressure sensor and spider while im at it.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:01 PM
BF Veteran

your doing all the hard stuff first

Quick Reply: 96 blazer trouble starting?