Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

98 blazer no codes flooding

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 95 blazer no codes flooding

There definitely should not be fuel under the main injection harness connector. That is bad. Sounds like you are looking at replacing the spider... If you do, I would recommend the MFI spider. I have posted PNs in the past so just run a search on "MFI" with "swartlkk" in the author field. Should turn up the posts you need.

Getting the plenum off is not that bad to do. The hardest part is getting the harness out of the way.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Beginning Member
lt170chevelle is an unknown quantity at this point

ok well believe it or not it only cost me a couple bucks for carb cleaner. i took the injector that was leaking out, took it to work and put it under a micrscope for inspection and the leak was actually an oring that was around a torx screw that screws int the middle of the injector. so i had orings at work and put it back in with no leaks...but i still have a cold start problem. i hear the pump come on like it should but it will not start till after about 10 trys..i am going to see if i am getiing spark when first trying it.when it does finally starts it putters then slowly smoothes out.but it doesnt even try to start till after the 10th attempt.any ideas?oh and the intake was a breeze but that damn harness!! lol[/align]

Old 10-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Beginning Member
lt170chevelle is an unknown quantity at this point

ok when i first put the guage on it was on zero...but has been sitting for more than a day. i think that is normal..correct me if i am wrong. then i turned the key on but not start yet. pressure jumped to a little over 50psi. then i cranked it for a few seconds didnt start and pressure dropped a little below 50. so i turned the key off and it went back to a little over 50. then i turned the key forward again and it went to 55psi. i then tried it again and it almost started but didnt.with pressure right around 50. so iturned it off then back on and press was back at 55. about the 3-4 try it started. this has been the easiest start in a while. after running for a few secs..i cut it off and watched pressure..it jumped to about 60psi. then you could just barely see it falling,almost wasnt noticeable .so what do you think?[/align]