Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

B&M Shift Plus

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default B&M Shift Plus

after reading articles all over the internet and searching here, i ordered a B&M Shift Plus. I have a 1998 and i have the 4L60E transmission. how come this one says it will only work with 93-98?

i read a post here about 4lowlife having compatibility issues with his 2001. what is the difference between his 2001 and my 1998? the one i ordered should work, right?

Old 10-27-2007, 12:36 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: B&M Shift Plus

It looks like according to the link that the one you ordered should work. Let me know how it works as I have been looking into getting either that or a hypertech. Probably going with the hypertech so I can increase my tire size to get my speedometer/odometer correct even though it is only off by 3% now.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:34 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ill let you know...

the hypertech is probablya lot better but its also about 5-6 times the price of the shiftplus

Old 11-11-2007, 01:14 AM
BF Veteran

I installed it last week. i figured i would drive around for a while with it before immediately posting any results... its a pretty simple install. there are two wires coming out ofa wire harness on the PCM. the B&M shift module also has two wires. clamp the B&M wires onto the PCM wires. everything i have read on the internet says that you can shift from stock to tuned while driving. however on the paper that came with it, it says on a 98 vehicle, the car needs to be off before switching...

as far as the shifting, it does shift a lot faster. i have noticed that, especially on the highway (3rd to 4th), the shift is really quick. it seems smoother, less "shift-shock". you cant feel the shift near as much as you used to but you can hear it when it shifts and it sounds like a seamless transition into the next gear.

i got it on an amazon for $31 shipped. as far as i can tell, i think its worth it.if it really does reduce transmission slippage and heat and increases transmission life, i think its a good buy.