Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Belt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Belt?

Hey Guys, i recently removed the ac pulley from my blazer, i am trying to aviod putting in a ac delete pulley but am unable to figure out the size? any tips?

Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Do you mean the size of the belt? Just ask the auto parts store for a new belt for a blazer with no factory ac... there may even be a belt routing sticker somewhere under the hood that will show a picture of this.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Starting Member

I have done so, there is a difference in the pulley set up and the belt for no ac is only about an inch shorter than belt for ac...this is an over large size, i guess some info would help 91-s10 4wd 4 door

Old 05-12-2009, 11:19 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

You are gonna have to get friendly with a parts counter person and search for a belt that will work. The only problem with that is that if it's wrong and you run it, they won't want to take it back.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:34 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

this may be a stupid idea, but couldnt you just take a tape measure(a flexible one not the standard metal one) and run it like you would a belt and figure out the size that way?? idk if thatll work or not but i figured id throw it out there.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Starting Member

good thinking bud, im sure the old lady has a clothing tape measure floating around some where. so if i do that wouldnt i want it a little bigger in that case?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:32 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

i would think so, just to make sure you have enough slack in the belt but im really not sure ive never used this method.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Starting Member

well i guess ill find out and let you know how it goes

Old 05-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Measuring it in this manner would assume that the routing will work properly without the A/C compressor pulley in there. It would show you if there are any problem areas though.

An A/C compressor can be left in place and used as is without being charged since the pulley runs on its own bearing anyway. Just leave the clutch wiring disconnected.