Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Blazer (2000 LS) won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:54 PM
RLELLIOTT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer (2000 LS) won't start

Hi, I'm new here, and I need some advice about my Blazer (sorry if this should be in a different forum) I've tried replacing the Distributor cap, and the the mass airflow sensor. anything else i could try?

Old 06-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazer (2000 LS) won't start

Have you verified fuel to the fuel rail? There is a fuel pressure test port on the fuel feed line behind the throttle body. There must be ~60psi of pressure at the port with the key on. If there isn't, check the fuel pump fuse in the underhood fuse block. If the fuse is good, then swap the fuel pump relay with another relay in the fuse block that looks the same. I find that the horn is pretty easy to swap over and check for. If you swap them and the horn works, then the fuel pump relay was good. If you find that both the fuse and the relay were good and you still aren't getting any pressure at the test port, then you could have a faulty pump, but first you should attempt to verify power to the pump.

The fuel pumps in our truck aren't the best in the world... But before you go all out and replace it, you have to make sure that the pump is getting power. My dad went through almost all of the motions in his '94 K2500 farm truck except he didn't verify power before cutting a hole in the bed of the truck (yeah I know...) and pulling the pump. $250 later for a pump and sending unit assembly and the truck still wouldn't start. Ended up being a dead short in the power wire to the frame. He had replaced the fuse, but never checked it again.

If you have fuel pressure, the next step would be to verify spark & timing. But seeing as fuel delivery is the crux of many a members troubles around here, we'll start with that.

Other things to do would be to clean the EGR valve and throttle body to make sure that you don't have a sticking IAC (idle air control) valve or a sticking EGR valve. Both can be cleaned with sensor safe throttle body cleaner with relative ease. You will need to buy a new EGR gasket though.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:18 AM
ChevyNewb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer (2000 LS) won't start

I am having similar issues with my blazer, when you try to start it up what exatctly happens