Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

blazer experience lack of power, etc. help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:28 PM
xekushion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default blazer experience lack of power, etc. help!

I have a 2002 Blazer, 4 door, 4WD 93,120 miles. I have been experiencing an issue with the vehicle while driving. I'm not the best at describing sounds/feelings when it comes to automobiles so please, bear with me.

The issue I am having with my blazer seems to me to be with power of some nature. Driving down the highway I usually experience an inability to get up to speed in a fairly quick manner. Once I get up to speed, I can usually keep it around 55-65 range, however despite all of that I experience what I can only describe as a "rubbing" sensation, and basically I can push down hard on the accelerator and the vehicle just doesn't seem to get the power that it should for as much as I am pushing downward. I also experience a slight humming noise. Nothing too loud, but it is noticable. Going up hills is quite the adventure and lately even on flat land I occasionally experience what feels like something "snapping back" underneath.

I recently just had the spark plugs changed (june) as well as an oil change not that those maintenance procedures could mean all that much. I just have no idea where to even begin with this problem.

Any info/questions are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 PM
2020pup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: blazer experience lack of power, etc. help!

might want to give it a good tune up (plug wires, fuel filter, air filter.etc.)from what you have described I'm leaning toward fuel filter..the humming maybe your tires wearing down..check to see if you may have broken a belt in one of them. You didn't mention if it was a automatic transmission or manual..if auto..might want to check fluid..let it warm up for about 15 minutesbefore you check the fluid level...if manual you can take it to oil change place and ask them to..But I'm thinking just a good tune-up will fix...hope this helps you