Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

blazer help please - 99 hard to start

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Beginning Member
blazer0713 is on a distinguished road
Default blazer help please - 99 hard to start

Hey im new to blazers and i need help please i have a 99 chevy blazer 4dr 2wd with the 4.3L vortech v6 and im having a problem, hard to start sometimes in the morning gotta crank it a couple time then it will fire right up and run great and when you drive it runs great also till you get full Throttle then it falls on its face ive replaced the fuel filter, air filter and still same thing ran a fuel pressure test and its 55psi at idle any help is good please

Old 12-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Beginning Member

Anybody

Old 12-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow

I think the part about it cranking and the failing at full throttle are two different problems. The reason I say that is sometimes I'll really get on my blazer and it will do what sounds like the same thing, but I am not have'n any problems starting. Check your battery connections and have your battery tested. Sometimes If you really stomp down on it It will not react and maybe it is partly me letting off and trying to reverse what I've just done, but maybe its some kind of failsafe devise who knows in the tranny or something?

Old 12-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Beginning Member

I just replaced the battery and pulled a viper alarm out to try and ween out 2 problems

Old 12-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Beginning Member

please

Old 12-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Idle fuel pressure doesn't really mean anything. What is the fuel pressure key-on/engine-off with the pump running? What is the fuel pressure 10 minutes after the pump shuts off?

Your problem sounds like poor fuel pressure. What happens if you turn the key to RUN, wait for the pump to shutoff, turn the key back to OFF, turn the key back to RUN, and try to start? Maybe try RUN, wait, OFF, RUN, wait, OFF, RUN, START and see how that goes. If that allows it to start, then fuel pressure is definitely your problem.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Beginning Member

yea when i did the fuel pressure test it was on 55psi at idle and it sorta sounds like fuel pump to me cause after it sits all night and i go to leave to work in the morning its a bitch to start

Old 12-27-2011, 10:09 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

You're new.. here's some tips:

1. DO NOT POST 'NEED HELP' in subject line. Describe problem best as you can. '99 hard to start in morning' would be about perfect.

2. Learn to read what people post
Swartlkk specifically said the fuel pressure idling doesnt mean anything, all it tells you is the pump is running. But we already knew that.

We dont expect you to know that or why that is so, but READ what he wrote and check it the right way without starting the engine, then report the leakdown rate, from that point where the engine is off and pump stops running.
The FP runs two seconds when you turn key on, before you crank the engine.

Last edited by pettyfog; 12-27-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Updated thread title* As pettyfog stated, please try to include a thread title that is a short description of the problem you are inquiring about. That and the other things listed in the Tech Question Guidelines post will make it a LOT easier for those of us that try to help as well as for you to get the help you are seeking.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Beginning Member

sorry guys,, and even key on with out running its 55psi then when i shut key off it starts dropping but havent timed it yet,,, and what do you recomend just do a fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator

Quick Reply: blazer help please - 99 hard to start