Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 06:50 AM
Beginning Member
jfin is on a distinguished road

thank you transman304 but the images you've provided will not show up. ive spent all morning searching for diagrams for emissions routing hoses/lines as well as vacum lines/hoses cant find anything on google ive typed in all my info for the truck and came up empty handed im gonna try the library and see if i can find a service manual because my haynes isnt showing nothing but wiring. do you have a link that i can get the images? and again i really am thankful for not only you but the rest of the guys assisting me in this endeavor

Old 01-24-2019, 07:05 AM
Beginning Member

transman, i did receive the image thank you!

Old 01-24-2019, 07:32 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jfin
good morning guys, i did a check with my scanner the truck at idle before the rain to check the map and the original number i got was 9.75 inhg then 10.5 then 26.01 then 47.58 inhg it kept bouncing around. im not sure if this is normal or i may need to switch to my other sensor i did notice the part where i said about the oil fill not fully seated and the vac. line was really stretched come to think of it i did have a secondary air code but it went away im gonna unconnect that line and re-route it around the oil fill and see if that does anything and i did notice on a 3 way splitter there were a few vac. lines that were all cracked and looked dry rotted on the end of the 3 way. also my obd is telling me the bank 1 running lean is both a dtc and a pending dtc same with the po147? is this normal what does it mean? also when i do my koeo live data stream should i drive it around or leave it at idle? all my number for fuel trim air temp were giving numbers then flat lining then would give me a new number im just learning how to use the obd other then to diagnose. same thing with the MAP kept bouncing flat lining then a number would come up.
47.58 in hg would be a pressure not vacuum. Barometric is around 30. Not certain what is up with your live data readings for fuel trim and temps.

If you have a hard (not intermittent) code P0147, then you need to start with that per Swartlkk's instructions. A pending code has not yet met all the criteria for failure during the current key cycle, but PCM is watching it!

KOEO means key on engine off, so no driving or idling at all during KOEO! If you're talking about fuel pressure during KOEO, install and bleed the air out of the fuel pressure gauge with engine running. Then turn engine off for maybe 30 seconds (can't remember how long it really takes to reset but 30 seconds will do it). Then turn the key on without starting the engine while watching the gauge. Fuel pump should pulse on for 2 seconds and then stop. It should be holding at least 58 psi after the pulse. Then this pressure should not degrade more than described in the sticky over the time specified in the sticky. Once you start the engine, the fuel pressure is controlled to a lower value (vacuum dependent) by the fuel pressure regulator. Hope this helps.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:35 AM
Beginning Member

ok so i used my other obd and heres the results i tried posting pics but its only loading to 90% so here we go, this is at idle, short term fuel trim- 2.3%- bank 1, long term fuel trim-6.2%-bank 1, short term, .08%- bank 2,long term,3.9%-bank 2, MAP, 9.75 then jumped to 10.5 inhg, engine rpm 639, ign. timing # 1 cylinder 19.5 then 20.0 degrees, air flow rate MAF .635, throttle position 0% commanded secondary air status off bank 1 sensor 1 voltage .89V, bank 1 sensor 1 short term fuel trim (bx-sy) -1.6% bank 1 sensor 3 output voltage .13V bank 1 sensor 3 short term fuel trim 99.2%, bank 2 sensor 1 output .71V, bank 2 sensor 1 fuel trim -.08% (bx-sy), fuel system 1 status flat lines, fuel system 2 status flat lines but said for both OL calculated LOAD value 2 i hope this helps i just copied it from screen shot i took of my obd screen

Old 01-24-2019, 08:37 AM
Beginning Member

les myer i mis spoke i ran the obd with the truck running to get live data i just posted it

Old 01-24-2019, 09:30 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

ok so i used my other obd and heres the results i tried posting pics but its only loading to 90% so here we go, this is at idle, short term fuel trim- 2.3%- bank 1, long term fuel trim-6.2%-bank 1, short term, .08%- bank 2,long term,3.9%-bank 2, MAP, 9.75 then jumped to 10.5 inhg, engine rpm 639, ign. timing # 1 cylinder 19.5 then 20.0 degrees, air flow rate MAF .635, throttle position 0% commanded secondary air status off bank 1 sensor 1 voltage .89V, bank 1 sensor 1 short term fuel trim (bx-sy) -1.6% bank 1 sensor 3 output voltage .13V bank 1 sensor 3 short term fuel trim 99.2%, bank 2 sensor 1 output .71V, bank 2 sensor 1 fuel trim -.08% (bx-sy), fuel system 1 status flat lines, fuel system 2 status flat lines but said for both OL calculated LOAD value 2 i hope this helps i just copied it from screen shot i took of my obd screen
Probably we should work on the P0147 and check the fuel pressure first. But FYI nothing really sticking out in the data you posted. Not sure of MAF units. Fuel trims cycle up and down all the time - so catching a value at any given time is not as useful as one might think - averages seen in plots of fuel trims are more useful.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:27 AM
Beginning Member

yea thats what i was thinking les myer, i have ordered 2 universal upstream or downstream compatable, i looked under the truck and i see what i believe to be sensor 3 its right on the pipes before the cat, right next to my transmission in a tight corner so im gonna do that clean off the MAF and do something with that vacum line that is sticking out to me and after that im gonna go and rent a fuel pressure tester and do that because i noticed whoever owned this truck before me cut the return line and replaced a 1FT section with rubber fuel hose. so many many things to do here! i hope that the weather is nice enough to get it done, ive never replaced an 02 sensor but im gonna let it run get it up to running temp and try and open end wrench theres no way to get a socket in there. after i do that im gonna reset the computer and see where we go from there.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:02 AM
Beginning Member

hey guys, just an update i received my 02 sensor in the mail yesterday and it is a universal upstream or downstream sensor. im gonna put in on today and see if that helps at all i put a new ignition coil in and man what a difference. i am having 1 problem, i am not sure where b1s3 is i know earlier i was told its behind the cat and when i look under the truck i see bank 1 and 2 cross and meet into one and i got lost from there ive tried looking for a map so i know where to go. i just dont want to go under there and guess what sensor is what and to be honest ive never done 02 sensors before. if you guys can provide me with exactly where this sensor is it'd be much appreciated. I hope all you guys are doing well.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:22 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

hey guys, just an update i received my 02 sensor in the mail yesterday and it is a universal upstream or downstream sensor. im gonna put in on today and see if that helps at all i put a new ignition coil in and man what a difference. i am having 1 problem, i am not sure where b1s3 is i know earlier i was told its behind the cat and when i look under the truck i see bank 1 and 2 cross and meet into one and i got lost from there ive tried looking for a map so i know where to go. i just dont want to go under there and guess what sensor is what and to be honest ive never done 02 sensors before. if you guys can provide me with exactly where this sensor is it'd be much appreciated. I hope all you guys are doing well.
I have been following this Thread from the start! I have nothing to offer here but I trust you will get this thing fixed, especially with the pros who are helping you

Old 02-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The illustration below should cover the sensor locations:
Name:  O6kBD8g.gif
Views: 10
Size:  20.7 KB
B1S3 is between the catalytic converter and the muffler.

There are some emissions variants that have four sensors in which case there is a pre-cat sensor (B1S2) located behind the 'y' in the y-pipe and in front of the catalytic converter.

Quick Reply: can anyone help?