Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

coolant problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 05:32 AM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road

I mixed it witg the stuff that says it can mix witg any color, but I read somewhere that it turns into a muddy thick mess even with the "universal" coolant/antifreeze. So after I do this tonight I will see if I'm still havibg any problems. Thanks guys!

Old 01-14-2013, 05:40 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Completely do away with the dex stuff if you have it,I have heard nothing good about it.Also those two words that have dc in them are forbidden to use on this forum,why IDK thats just what i read.Take your two heater hoses off go to the car while you do it.Then put the wash on rinse and make sure theres no soap coming out.Use the spray nossle to flush those hoses and heater core removing all the junk and gunk if theres any in there it will blow out.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 AM

Oh, ok. Thank you! Should I buy collant flush, oe could I just drain it all out then put new in? I want to remove all the mixed coolant that is now in the radiator and reservoir. I checked the radiator and it is full, but with the mix.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:34 PM

Ok guys, I didn't gwt around to flushing the radiator, but I did find a hose that wasn't secure, so I pushed it on more. I flushed the heater core, but still no heat. No coolant in the oil, no smoke or sweet smell.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

when you flushed the core did you check the hoses leading to the core? i would take the hoses off leading to core and check them. no heat means your not getting coolant in there. while the engine is running is the lines running to and from the core hot?

Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM

I was able to remove one hose, the smaller one I believe. I couldn't get my hand down in to get thw other hose off. I haven't checked to see if they're hot yet

Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM

Today I replaced the thermostat and now the engine is back to normal temp about 200-210. But still no heat oh well, I'm happy the engine is running normal again

Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

has to be the core or the hoses going to it.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM

Yeah that's what I thought too. I'll check the hose I couldn't get iff Friday since I work and have school till then. But I felt the hoses to the core and one was warm but the other was cold.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:55 PM
BF Veteran

There ya go. The cold one is the issue. Take it off and flush it out.

Quick Reply: coolant problem?