Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

crank but no start 2000 chevy blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Beginning Member
benjamin tate is on a distinguished road

ok wife was driving it was hard to start in the garage and then lose power at low speed and again on highway checked compression and good. plugs and wire also good some as egr cam crank sensor are good. checked fuel pressure good. i think injectors are good plugs where wet when i pulled them. im thinking possible timing skip from hell last time i pulled the distributor it was worn any ideas i would like thanks. wondering if it could be the computer or time for a new engine

also got random cylinder misfire and 02 sensor

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-19-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Starting Member
Knuckelbuster is on a distinguished road
Default No start

What codes are thrown p300? for random missfire. example p3006 would be cylinder 6.
Possable to check ex man gasket if its leaking if it has good compression.
And crank sens if bad wont let it start. But should have code if bad as its electrical

Old 12-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Beginning Member
benjamin tate is on a distinguished road

p 300 was thrown for a code before that the 02 sensor one after the cat

also remembered the blazer was in the shop two years ago for timmim=ng issue it would buck down the road at highway speed, Shop said the distributor gears wore worn and engine would fail they set the timming to 10 degrees or something going toi pull the engine and take a hard look at the P.O.S i guess

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-19-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Starting Member
Knuckelbuster is on a distinguished road

Before i removed the motor i would take ex-pipes down and see if there is more power as you might have a bad cat. I would inspect ex-gaskets car running spray aroung ex-pipe gaskets and see if the are leaking.
Its possable you might consider another comprssion test as we all make mistakes when were pissed at the cars that give us problems.

Dont laugh i know as my 4runners compression test i made the mistake of not releasing compression from tester and WHAMO ALICE right in the eye.
I was so P.O. that the rest of the test i didnt have it screwed in all the way and caused a leak. Im thinking Damn Pistons Shot. Walked away from it come back later that night and before i finish the test realize Hell didnt have tester tight in the plug threads.

Spray all around your vacume lines for signs of leaks. Bad Hoses. Spec out your Dist, Ohm Plug wires

I know its a nightmare sometime but if you walk away and come back after you have calmed down you get another prospective and will more than likely solve your issue or worst case you wind up pulling motor.

Best of luck and if it helps Merry Christmas Knuckelbuster