Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

desperate,MFI help,fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Starting Member
blkblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default desperate,MFI help,fuel rail

It would be nice if ACdelco would put some instructions in with the MFI spider.
Here is stupid question. The long plastic tube at the end of each spider injector, do they come off, are they just for shipping protection or do they stay on for install?

What size are the o rings for fuel rail. where can I get some? What material are they. All Data just says they are special material. No part number. PTFE or Fluorosilicone or Teflon should work.

I asked this one before but cannot find the answer thread. Seal kit 17113215 for MFI do I need this to install. I have the complete MFI spider.

Thanks.

Last edited by blkblazer; 08-28-2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: add question.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please atleast try to find the thread... Searching through your old posts is not difficult at all.

As I answered in your OTHER THREAD on the very question of the seal kit, the MFI spider should come with everything necessary to install.

I do not know what it is that you are calling the "long plastic tube on each spider injector". When I purchased the AC Delco MFI upgrade kit, it came with everything necessary to install. Nothing additional was needed. The fuel line o-rings were in the metering body already. It also came with a little slip of paper showing which injector went into which bore in the lower intake manifold. And as far as other instructions go, it is assumed that if you are purchasing such a part, you will know how to install it. Otherwise, that is what repair manuals are for.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:06 PM
midnightbluS10 can only hope to improve

These "tubes"? I believe those are the injector and should stay on. Not 100% sure as I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. It makes sense though, considering the poppets appear to be roughly the same length.

pic from http://www.theautoshop.net/VortecMPFI.htm

Last edited by midnightbluS10; 08-29-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If that is what the OP is talking about then yes, those are supposed to be on there. Do not remove them.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:08 AM
Starting Member
blkblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep. I got the manifold off and seeing the old injectors I can see that the tubes on the new MFI spider stay on there.

All these names for seals had me confused. I have the Fel Pro MS 98002T gasket set.It has everything needed to install I even found some fuel rail o rings in the box.

Talk about bad luck, Before I took everthing apart my vacumn booster started to hiss down by the brake pedal so I have a remanufacured one to put on.

The cv axles that I bought from junk yard are toast. The divers side clicks and the shaft turns in a oval shape.

I bought the shafts during the winter. All Data list the shafts at big bucks a shaft so I bought from auto wrecker. That was before I found out I could get some new Cardone shafts a lot cheaper than what ALL Data lists the shafts for.

When the shafts arrived from auto wrecker they were packaged really good so I left them in shed. So when I got around to opening them I saw right away the bands on the driver side have been messed with. There is grinding marks on the band. Sure enough was not too long before they started to leak gease.No warranty. So I got burned.

I have new cardone shafts to put on with new seals.

My truck has been down a couple of months till I got some cash for everthing. Installed new fuel pump, fuel filter and have new brake pads to go on.

This has been expensive summer.

Thanks for all the assistance.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:50 PM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

i have a 1995 S10 vortec and the engine has had a new intake and spider put into it. how do i know or how can i tell if they converted my truck to MFI from the original CPI? thanks

Old 08-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Administrator

You cannot convert the CPI injection system to the MFI injection system. There are 6 individual injectors in the 96+ SCFI engines and only 1 injector in the CPI motors. The main body of the spider is completely different as well.