Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Did I just fubar my trans...again???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

That's a very good idea.

I'm seriously considering trying to just sell the truck (bad trans and all) to try and recoup some funds from it and get something older or something.

I just cannot afford another 800 on top of the 1200 dollar loan I have for the first rebuild.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I call BS on their claim that it was your fault. If they had done their job correctly, the trans should not have failed so quickly regardless of use.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:18 AM

I agree with you, but I don't really have a leg to stand on since there was mud in the bellhousing. Technically anybody would call that "abuse" I would think.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares if there is mud in the bell housing. It does not prove or disprove the source of the transmission failure. Bands can smoke themselves due to the trans being overheated just as much as they can from a crappy rebuild. The presence of the mud in the bell housing will not cause the transmission to overheat, btw. And for the trans to only last, what, a week or two... Screams of a bad rebuild that they are trying to get you to pay for.

Stick to your guns and threaten them with BBB or the district attorney. Right now they have you bent over a barrel because you let them bend you over a barrel.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 AM

I don't even care enough right now. I'm aggravated that it happened, but I just want either my truck back or the 94 I'm considering a trade for so I can get out of my sisters car.

Plus, I don't want to start too much crap with them because of their relationship to my friends work. I don't want to get her in trouble either.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Just the attitude that they want you to take.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 PM

Meh oh well. I'm tired of dealing with it, so whatever it takes and all that.

The guy with the 94 is headed over to look at it a little later on.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:21 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

hope every thing goes planned and i agree what swartlkk said but i didn't wanna make it a problem for ya

Old 07-05-2011, 01:26 PM

Oh I agree they should fix it under warranty too, don't get me wrong. I know I didn't wheel it hard enough to blow it up... however I also don't want to make a big stink and cause my friend's company to have to find a new trans guy.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Oh I agree they should fix it under warranty too, don't get me wrong. I know I didn't wheel it hard enough to blow it up... however I also don't want to make a big stink and cause my friend's company to have to find a new trans guy.

really for the trans to blow that fast they did a terrible job rebuilding it .

i say put the good parts in and do it right the 1st time but some of these trans guys are thick headed

Quick Reply: Did I just fubar my trans...again???