Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Died, then ran after new distributor and ignition tune up. Then died again.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Beginning Member
Maefield is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Died, then ran after new distributor and ignition tune up. Then died again.

Ok so I posted awhile back because my blazer died while I was driving. Finally got it running after new distributor, cap, pick up, rotor, ignition coil, ignition control module, and spark control module. Drove it for a couple of days, it did fine. No issues. Backed up to my trailer one day and before we had it hooked up, the blazer dies. Cranks but won’t start. Back to square one. I noticed a couple of times while driving the past couple days that the gas gauge was freaking out, all over the place up and down like crazy. Didn’t affect the performance of the vehicle so I pretty much put it off because I didn’t have time to figure it out. It did the same thing before the last time it died. I’m still getting spark unlike last time, but just cranks and cranks. I’ve checked the timing, pretty much everything I did before and it all looks good. Maybe not getting fuel?? I just changed the fuel pump less than a year ago. Going to put in a new/used one tomorrow from my parts blazer. Any other ideas?? It’s getting very discouraging. I have two and they both have been giving me hell the last month. To the point that rebuilding the tranny for my parts blazer is looking like a better way out.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:59 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

dont know what brand parts you use but these trucks are very fussy. For pump or ignition always use a delco or delphi. Spend 30.00 buck on a fuel pressure test kit before you throw hundreds in parts into it also