Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

direct induction seafoam for 4.3 litre V6 vortec engine.. spider injection or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:29 AM
LikeARockBLazerGuy is on a distinguished road
Question direct induction seafoam for 4.3 litre V6 vortec engine.. spider injection or not?

Ok. I own a 2000 chevy 4wd 4.3 v6 vortec. I want to seafoam it with direct induction. I've done put half a can into crankcase. Question is. Can I do it? I know you can't do it if its spider injection right? Cause it won't go into it evenly or whatnot. Is there a way to do it? Or am I wrong all together.please tell me I can do it or if I can not and maybe the correct way. I doing this all cause I have a clacking sound untill it warms iup. Its winter here.. also going to change oil to mobil1 5w30 after I do it. And change my plugs. All help will be madly insanely appreciated!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Beginning Member
TimmyBlaze is on a distinguished road

You can Seafoam it... Fire up the motor and then Pull the hose off your brake booster and very very slowly let it suck up some seafoam. Only use 1/3 of the can as too much seafoam will rich-kill your o2 sensors. After you seafoam the motor, turn it off and wait 20 minutes, then fire it up and rev your motor to about 2000 rpm. You should get some white smoke from the tailpipe. Continue to hold the rpm's untill you blow all the smoke out.

Remember too much Seafoam will play havoc on your sensors. Be patient...

Old 12-16-2010, 04:56 PM
LikeARockBLazerGuy is on a distinguished road
Wink even with spider injection?

Originally Posted by TimmyBlaze
You can Seafoam it... Fire up the motor and then Pull the hose off your brake booster and very very slowly let it suck up some seafoam. Only use 1/3 of the can as too much seafoam will rich-kill your o2 sensors. After you seafoam the motor, turn it off and wait 20 minutes, then fire it up and rev your motor to about 2000 rpm. You should get some white smoke from the tailpipe. Continue to hold the rpm's untill you blow all the smoke out.

Remember too much Seafoam will play havoc on your sensors. Be patient...
Okay yes that's the way I've been told to do it. But I've been told it can't be done cause I have spider injectors. If I do it through the brake booster will it be safe to do?

Old 12-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Beginning Member
TimmyBlaze is on a distinguished road

The only way to clean injectors is to add Seafoam to the fuel tank. It wont hurt the spider injector setup, however its not really effective. If your having problems with injectors there is many youtube videos showing how to clean them.

If you just want to clean your internals then use Seafoam SPRAY and this procedure below.

*NOTE – THIS OPERATION ONLY PERTAINS TO 1993 – 2000 4.3 LITER AND 5.7 LITER VORTEC ENGINES*

Sea Foam has introduced a convenient new long-reach straw for performing an engine treatment in special situations like Vortec engines and Subaru’s H style engines, where there is no single vacuum line for all cylinders. These situations require spraying of Sea Foam Spray directly into the throttle body. The long-reach straw is uniquely designed to spray 360 degrees through 4 holes in the side of the straw, to help in evenly distributing the spray to all cylinders and throughout the inside of throttle bodies. With the engine warm and turned off. Remove the air intake boot and open the throttle plate. Attach Sea Foam Spray’s 30” induction cleaning tube to the Sea Foam Spray can and feed the tube into the air intake until it reaches the plenum. Spray for thirty seconds while slowly removing the 30” induction cleaning tube. Reconnect the air intake boot and allow at least 10 minutes for Sea Foam Spray to re-liquefy fuel varnish deposits that hold carbon together. Start the engine in a well ventilated area as exhaust will be extreme for a short period of time. Drive the vehicle aggressively for approximately four miles or until the heavy exhaust clears. Repeat this treatment process as necessary.

Hope that helps.....