Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Do I have a Coolant Leak???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:40 PM
chevys rule is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I have a Coolant Leak???

I went to replace the low beam today and saw this

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...entleak007.flv
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...entleak012.jpg
The Coolant resvour is very low is it now???
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...entleak011.jpg
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...entleak009.jpg
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...entleak008.jpg
So would you saw my intake gaskets need to be replace or is that just some Rust and water that have made a puddle there

looking for some help

Thanks

Old 02-09-2008, 03:57 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Do I have a Coolant Leak???

How's the coolant level in the radiator? It looks suspicious.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:20 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

It possibly looks like your intake manifold gaskets are going out, but also it looks like possibly that its coming from the pump!! So question for you is there coolant leaking out of the weep hole on the top of the water pump?? Also take a rag and clean everywhere there is coolant, once you do that start the truck and watch for leaks!! One last thing, check the oil dipstick is it milky at all??

Old 02-09-2008, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: thegr81

It possibly looks like your intake manifold gaskets are going out, but also it looks like possibly that its coming from the pump!! So question for you is there coolant leaking out of the weep hole on the top of the water pump?? Also take a rag and clean everywhere there is coolant, once you do that start the truck and watch for leaks!! One last thing, check the oil dipstick is it milky at all??
Its to dark and cold right now,so I will in the morning a hope but again its -23 so I will do my best

But about the oil,I've seen the oil pressure has been very high lately now in the middle just a tad over that mark these days

To the water pump might be a very silly question but how big is this hole and the pump is where on the 4.3's.will coolant just be querting out of this hole if the pump is bad.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran

The pump is located on the block behind the fan and for the hole its a small hole on top of the pump behind the pulley but you can see it looking down on it!! Also if your oil pressure has been high then I would suspect that your intake manifold gaskets are blown and coolant is getting into your oil therefore raising your oil pressure!!

Old 02-09-2008, 05:57 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

another good idea would be to (if its in your spending Ok`s ) try and pick up a radiator pressure tester... They find anything leaking unless its inside the block... but with orange antifreeze its obviously outside the block.. good luck, keep us informed..

Old 02-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

From the video (good job), it looks like a lower intake manifold gasket leak. How fast is your coolant leaking out?

Old 02-09-2008, 08:53 PM

How Much is that going to Cost to fix???

Trunk only has 100k on it right now not Miles

I'm thinking of just selling it and driving the Z24 till it dies and buying something else as I've already had to pay $600+ for a hub bearing and need the other damn side done as well not to mention I need tires two.

Its getting to be a money Pit to quick for only getting it in June of 2007 with 78k on it

I will look at everything in the morning but I think a For-Sale sign needs to be made up

Old 02-09-2008, 08:57 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the world of vehicles, every car breaks down not just these blazers.. if you know how to do the work yourself maybe save sum $ on it........ or get a g/f that has a father in the auto business, get the truck fixed and then dump her LOLOLOL

Old 02-09-2008, 09:56 PM
BF Veteran

There is a link within the first post click that and it will give you an idea of what your dealing with on the intake manifold gaskets!!
https://blazerforum.com/m_122315/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Do I have a Coolant Leak???