Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

dtc code 23 what does this mean??? please help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Beginning Member
thehustler211 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dtc code 23 what does this mean??? please help!!!!!

I have a 1994 blazer 4.3L w 4 door 4x4. I have been having problems with stalling and loss of power. When i drive ill be going and it will start stalling out and the more pedal i give it the more power i loose. If i just floor it all the way it will eventually die. Then i will have to stop restart the truck and it just does the same thing again every 5 to ten minutes and i gets worse everyday.Kinda seems to acts up worst going up hills taking off from a stop and sometimes when coming to a fast stop I have changed fuel pump, sending unit, fuel pump wiring harness, fuel filter, cleaned out the tank,and sea foamed fuel system so im guessing thats clean. Fresh oil change(valvoline oil)/ wix filter, seafoamed it before oil change , new cap and rotor new plugs all gapped properly and wires. Before my ses light was not on and i had been getting a 12 code when i used my jumper which means nothing. Today the light finally came on now i am getting a code 23 = DTC 23 - Accelerator Pedal Position 1 Circuit Range Fault. Im good with cars but im 19 im still learning ive never got to this problem yet. My grandpa died & i just got the blazer im new to the 4.3 so... can anyone tell me what this code means??? what do i need to do to fix this? Please anyone this is my only RIDE right now!!!!![X(]

Old 02-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: dtc code 23 what does this mean??? please help!!!!!

from the book I have on my 94:

code 23: MAT low temp indication, sets if the manifold air temperature sensor connections or wires are open for 3 seconds

that being said I'd start by unplugging the wires and make sure the connections are not corroded if so clean them and plug em back in if that does not work try the air charge sensor (the problem when mine had this code) with it acting normal after being shut off and restarted I would lean more toward a corroded or loose connection.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Beginning Member

yeah i finally got the code yesterday after cleaning all the connections i guess ill try the air charge sensor since its only 12 dollars i was thinking it could be map sensor from the way its acting up compared to the others in this forum with bad map. I guess ill test the map and get the air charge sensor and see what happens. all the codes i can find say 23 is Accelerator Pedal Position 1 Circuit Range Fault?????? wtf does this mean?????? someone please help need to make a trip to wichita from Kansas city SOON!!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Straight from TroubleCodes.net for a 94 4.3L Vin W:

Inlet air temperature sensor signal showed an air temperature of -29*F for 4 seconds

So this is either a cut wire, short, or bad sensor.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Beginning Member

So thats the same thing as the Air Charge Temp sensor right? where is that located on my 94? all autozone tells me is, Underhood, center, upper engine area, mounted in front of air intake duct. I want to make shure i got the right sensor, let me know

Old 02-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Should be located in the air duct before the throttle body. And yes, IAT (intake air temperature) or ACT (air charge temperature) sensor are both names for it.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Beginning Member

i am about buy the sensor and put it on. It snowed last night i need to get some doughnuts and some 4 wheeling in!!!Thanks I HOPE this fixes my problem

Old 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Beginning Member

Ok i replaced the air charge temperature sensor and still had the same problem but the check engine light went off So now i just replaced the throttle position sensor also and still the same problem! I was looking around my engine and i noticed the cables to the throttle have quite alot of slack in them. I can pull them out about an inch or more before it opens the throttle. Should there be this much slack in them? I have a throttle problem and I cant figure this out can someone please help! KYLE? ANYONE?

Old 02-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Out of curiosity, have you done a fuel pressure test yet?

Throttle cables can have some slack in them. So long as they allow the throttle to fully open when the pedal is to the floor, everything is working as it should.

Did you disconnect the battery to reset the ECU?

Old 03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Beginning Member

No i guess i forgot to do that.Just disconnect it for a min then hook it back up right? Ill try that. Could map sensor cause this problem???? Or the egr? Where is the map sensor on my 94?? all the help is appreciated.

Quick Reply: dtc code 23 what does this mean??? please help!!!!!