Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

engine died at a stop light??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
jones04 is on a distinguished road
Default engine died at a stop light??

first off i am new to the sight, so thanks for the help in advance. i just aquired a 93 blazer (4 door) my bud was driving it and stopped at a stop light when it died. my guess is the fuel pump but i am not sure, i called the local car place and they said could be alot of things but to me the main suspect is the fuel pump. what to yall think, is there a way to ops check it before i start buying parts??? n e advice is greatly appreciated thanks.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can test the fuel pressure?

You have the CPI engine correct? It is known for its fuel system problems.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Default dont know if it is a cpi?

i dont know i just towed it to my house sunday and i havent had time this week to mess with it. i have to charge the batt but it is an efp so i should be able to hear the fp come on. lets say that checks good then where would i go the filter?? where is that on here, in the tank??

Old 08-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Beginning Member
KrAzY is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jones04
i dont know i just towed it to my house sunday and i havent had time this week to mess with it. i have to charge the batt but it is an efp so i should be able to hear the fp come on. lets say that checks good then where would i go the filter?? where is that on here, in the tank??
Filter is under drivers side door frame rail when ya get under it you will see it.

I had stalling at stop light issue with my 93 recently as well and it was the egr sticking so ya may consider checking that also and give it a good cleaning and put it back in it may fix your issue.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Default egr??

sorry but im not sure what the egr is? im still learning cars maint and lingo.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The search function works great for things like this. You can string terms together using the '+' sign.

So a search for "EGR+valve" would sooner or later lead you to the meaning behind the acronym. EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation.

A search would also lead you to a thread in the Tech Article (DIY) section (link to the index is in my signature) on how to remove and clean the EGR valve.