Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Transmission (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/)
-   -   Engine Idle Help.... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/engine-idle-help-10022/)

Hanr3 04-12-2007 01:33 AM

RE: Engine Idle Help....

Not too bad once you get used to it. 10mm, 13mm,15mm, 18mm, & 19mmare your friends. Own them in just about every tool made.

by far the easiest way to do the plugs on the drivers sdie is to pull the tire. The center plug is a pain, but can be gotten out with a wrench on the spark plug socket. I just cut the rubber boot of the steering shaft and used wobbles.

Blahman20 04-12-2007 01:36 AM

Why take the tire off? go through there???

Hanr3 04-12-2007 01:41 AM

Yep, go through the fender well. The steering shaft, brake booster, and brake lines make it almost impossible to get at #3, & #5 plugs. You need to go under that stuff and its pretty easy. I just saved you an hour of frustration.

your welcome.
[sm=happybounce.gif]

Blahman20 04-12-2007 02:10 AM

Thanks....do the same for the passenger side too? How hard is the Rotor and cap to replace?

Blahman20 04-12-2007 04:07 AM

Hey Hanr...where is the fuel Filter located on the truck? On one of the lines i'm guessing? or what? Thanks man.

Hanr3 04-12-2007 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Blahman20

Thanks....do the same for the passenger side too? How hard is the Rotor and cap to replace?
No need to for the passengers side.
Cap and rotor are easy for the most part. The hardest part is the screw in back that holds the cap in place. You cannot see it, and its only like 1/2 long. Dont drop it!!!! I take the front one out first, then lift the cap as i take the back one out. This keeps the screw in the cap until I am ready to take the cap off and can grab that screw with my scredriver hand.

Hanr3 04-12-2007 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Blahman20

Hey Hanr...where is the fuel Filter located on the truck? On one of the lines i'm guessing? or what? Thanks man.
90% are located on the drivers side frame rail, typcially below the drivers seat or passengers seat.
On the older ones it may be located on the block behind the power steering pump. Stupid place, but that is where its located on my '87. Real pain in the butt to get at and the reason I think I am having a hesitation problem on that truck. Vapor locking.

Blahman20 04-15-2007 03:08 AM

Update: I changed the plugs today, put fuel injector cleaner in it also. After I put the cleaner in, it was still bogging and idling up and down and stalling, after I changed the plugs (right after) it was doing the same thing....I drove it on the highway for about 25mins, and I came home and it started to idle (with a SLIGHT miss, not going up and down at all, and no stalling)....I then drove it again for another 20mins or so in town, still idling....i drove it on the highway for 30mins (to another town) when I got there it started to act up again. I then put some more fuel injector cleaner in it, then about 20mins later (after i had stopped for like20mins) I started it up and went again, at the very first it was idling up and down again, then it evened out 1min later. It hasn't bogged or idled up and down since then (I drove back from that town, drove around my town for a bit). I'm now thinking it's either the fuel injectors or the Catyltic Converter....any thoughts?

Kaffeene 04-18-2007 02:56 AM

I just had a mis-fire in my blazer and it was the fuel pressure regulator. Now its all fixed.