Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Engine slight knock/fouling spark plugs/ABS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:15 PM
JJDOGG087 is on a distinguished road
Default Engine slight knock/fouling spark plugs/ABS

Hi, my name is Jesse and I have a 1995 s-10 blazer 4x4. I have recently noticed that I can hear a slight knock at coasting speeds, and also I changed my spark plugs a few days ago and there is corrosive build up around the gap of the spark plug. I bought the vehicle about 8 months back and haven't had a problem till now... Its starting to lack power and in the morning when I start her there is white smoke that comes out of the tale pipe for just a couple seconds, then its gone. I also have an issue with my ABS, the ABS light turns on as soon as I go over 5 mph. and my brakes are sticking... I would like to take care of my engine problems as soon as possible and would defiantly like more power! if anyone has any input that could maybe shed some light on some of my issues it would be most appreciated! Thank you.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

as with the spark plugs/white smoke and lack of power it pointing towards a bad intake gasket or a head gasket thats on its way out. as for the abs light, your going to have to get the code in order for us to help you and the sticking brakes probally arent helping your problem. just wondering, how do you know the brakes are sticking?

Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 PM
JJDOGG087 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the input, I will get the code as soon as I get home and will post it later tonight or early tomorrow. As for my brakes sticking, Some times when I brake and take my foot off of the pedal it will not go back to its normal position, it’s like my foot is still pressing down on the brake when I’m not. I also forgot to mention that I have noticed and increase in fuel consumption as well..