Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Spark plugs fouling alot

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Beginning Member
fnbutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spark plugs fouling alot

Does anybody have any idea why all 3 spark plugs on the drivers side of my 4.3 cpi vortec engine could be caused by i checked the wires replaced the plugs yet they still foul as the other side sits and smiles. and i know that the new plugs fire so its not a coil. Thanks

Old 05-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Spark plugs fouling alot

I'm gonna say you have a leaking FPR (fuel pressure regulator). You'll need to verify an internal fuel leak by doing a fuel leak down test with a pressure gauge first, but I'm betting on a faulty FPR. You can also pull off the plastic cover on the top of the engine, then you should be able to unbolt a cover and have a look inside. If you see pooling fuel on the lower intake, you've got an internal fuel leak.